Can't Output File WinEQ2.exe error

WinEQ 2.0 Pro discussion and support

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

pw3ntt
GamingTools Subscriber

Can't Output File WinEQ2.exe error

Post by pw3ntt » Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:22 pm

so ive been having some issues with my computer the last few days so i felt that it was time to reformat. After getting everything up and running and back to the wya i liked it, i was withdrawing form EQ, so went to set up my WinEQ profiles and such again. Unfortunately i cant get WinEQ2 to load now, (off of a fresh installation) everytime i load it i receive the error:

"Could Not output file WinEQ2.exe. It may be in use. Make sure all lavish software products are shut down and wait 5 minutes (or reboot) before trying again. Hitting OK will cause the patcher to skip this file, but the software will try to patch it again until it is sucessfully patched"

I have done it all, waited 5 minutes, rebooted countless times, insured that im running as an admin, etc and i cant see to get this or Innerspace to patch. (same error when running innerspace). Any thoughts? usually i miss the obvious lol.

pw3ntt
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by pw3ntt » Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:23 pm

oh meant to add im using win7 32bit

pw3ntt
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by pw3ntt » Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:54 pm

doing a complete reinstall worked - looked like WinEQ2 left behind some files that i had to manually remove in order for it to install properly, they werent being removed through the included uninstaller - same issue with innerspace.