WinEQ unable to login

WinEQ 2.0 Pro discussion and support

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

wakkedup
GamingTools Subscriber

WinEQ unable to login

Post by wakkedup » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:08 am

I've been unable to login to WinEQ for over 2 hours now. The lavishsoft site was also down during a big portion of that, also, but now it's back up.

Any ETA on when the login server for WinEQ will allow me to login to EQ using WinEQ again?

wakkedup
GamingTools Subscriber

Re: WinEQ unable to login

Post by wakkedup » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:20 am

wakkedup wrote:I've been unable to login to WinEQ for over 2 hours now. The lavishsoft site was also down during a big portion of that, also, but now it's back up.

Any ETA on when the login server for WinEQ will allow me to login to EQ using WinEQ again?
I was able to login now, so if you're still waiting, give it a try! Thanks Lax :)

eqjunkie68
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by eqjunkie68 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:48 pm

Its been up and down the last few days. As a pro subscriber making the program reliant on lavish servers for validation is a joke. Fix the problem already...

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:16 pm

If by that you mean it went down for a couple hours this morning, yes. As far as "up and down the last few days", no. There used to be a bug that caused it to be down for up to 60 seconds at a time once in a while, but prior to this morning there wasn't a minute of outage for at least 2 months.

This morning the power supply on the main server went out and the backup license server didn't kick in. We are correcting both of these issues.

We take problems like this seriously.

If you're not satisfied with the value you are receiving, or if you think the license authentication "is a joke", then by all means, don't pay for the software.

stevepr
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by stevepr » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:40 am

Lax wrote:If by that you mean it went down for a couple hours this morning, yes. As far as "up and down the last few days", no. There used to be a bug that caused it to be down for up to 60 seconds at a time once in a while, but prior to this morning there wasn't a minute of outage for at least 2 months.

This morning the power supply on the main server went out and the backup license server didn't kick in. We are correcting both of these issues.

We take problems like this seriously.

If you're not satisfied with the value you are receiving, or if you think the license authentication "is a joke", then by all means, don't pay for the software.
Ah customer satisfaction is obviously your top priority. If what you pay for doesn't work then so sad to bad bugger off.

This is at least the third time this year I haven't been able to use wineq2 to run eq due to authentication issues. The need to store authentication on a remote server makes sense. The need to authenticate constantly may have logic in it. The failure to provide an alternative is not good customer service. But we went through the you can bugger off part already.

Makes me wonder what information you are getting as part of the authentication or gameplay that makes the mere suggestion of a backup plan so offensive to you?
Wolj

fearless
Non-Subscriber

Post by fearless » Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:11 am

In the 8760 hours of service in the last 365 days, lavish has a 2 hour outage. Lets go crazy and double it to account for other hiccups or whatever else.

That equates to .9995% uptime for the last year.

How much programming time do you think it would take to get from .9995% uptime to .9999% uptime (about 45 minutes of downtime per year)?

20 hours? 40? 100? more?

I would have to say that 'customer satisfaction' is a very high priority for Lax, right along side 'making things work the vast, vast, majority of the time' along with 'making a great product'.

If the backup license server would have kicked in, you would not have had authentication issues. Lax has already stated that he is correcting this.

So yes, if that's not good enough for you, you are welcome to choose an alternative. Nobody is holding you hostage to Lax's service.

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:16 am

Makes me wonder what information you are getting as part of the authentication or gameplay that makes the mere suggestion of a backup plan so offensive to you?
What suggestion of a backup plan? I responded to someone calling my service a joke.

What makes the mere suggestion that if the quality of service isn't good enough for you, that you shouldn't bother to pay for it, offensive to you? To me that's a no-brainer, and in fact should tell you that I am committed to customer satisfaction. I wouldn't make any money. Think about it.