Window won't stay where I drag it

WinEQ 2.0 Pro discussion and support

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

Glacios
GamingTools Subscriber

Window won't stay where I drag it

Post by Glacios » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:23 am

I finally got my desktop fixed so I can play EQ on it instead of my laptop. No problems with the installation and everything seems to be working fine except for one thing.

Whenever, I try to move the window up (to make it fullscreen in windowed mode) the window resets to its original position. I am able to do this no problem on my laptop running Vista but on my desktop running Windows 7 it doesn't work.

Also, is there a way to copy your preferences from one pc to another? I looked through all the config files and couldn't seem to find where the preferences were stored.

Thanks,

-Glacios

Glacios
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by Glacios » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:31 am

To clarify, I am trying to move the title bar up & off-screen so I can see the bottom of the EQ window in Windowed Mode. I can actually make the window stay in other locations.

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:36 am

All of WinEQ's preferences are stored in WinEQ2.ini in the WinEQ 2 folder. You can copy that if you like

Also, you can check out ISBoxer if you want, your subscription covers it and it provides a lot of new features, including a single click to launch all of your windows and a click and drag editor for your window layout (and a wizard to generate common layouts). And it will stop your window from getting repositioned like that :)

Glacios
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by Glacios » Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:16 pm

I figured out my problem with the windows constantly reseting... turns out it's new feature in WIndows 7 called Aero Snap that automatically arranges (docsk) a window when moved to the edge of the screen.

Here is the link to disable it: http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/enabl ... windows-7/

However, I did download IS/ISBoxer and its very nice.