Is Cerberus dead?

WinEQ 2.0 Pro discussion and support

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

WarDave
GamingTools Subscriber

Is Cerberus dead?

Post by WarDave » Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:59 am

I know I'm a bit late but according to your website.

When will Cerberus be available?

Cerberus is rapidly approaching the beta stage, and we do expect to have a public beta available in October 2008.

http://www.lavishsoft.com/joomla/index. ... 6&Itemid=8

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:45 pm

Wow, I'm amazed that page is even available ;) That section was removed from the site a long time ago.

Anyway, 2008 saw some drastic changes and Cerberus as originally planned was pushed back. Instead, ISBoxer was released, making use of the already available Inner Space platform. This was kind of a necessary move to save the company at the time.

The good news, coming off our experience with ISBoxer, is that Cerberus will be available as a much more mature and polished product, with features that I hadn't even dreamed of implementing in 2008. Now instead of "the successor to WinEQ 2", Cerberus is more of "the successor to ISBoxer".

Finally, I do expect Cerberus to be in internal Alpha in the next couple months, followed quickly by a Beta available to our subscribers.

WarDave
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by WarDave » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:45 am

Thanks for the quick answer and will keep a eye out for it thanks :)

evainefaye
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by evainefaye » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:24 pm

Looks like this kind of answered my question, but I'll be a moron and ask it anyhow :)

One of the things I loved about isboxer was the ability to quickly and easily swap the windows to the main window, so that you can have tiled windows to easily see all the action and quickly get a full screen view of it on my main monitor.

While I'd love to switch to InnerSpace completely I haven't had a chance to work on getting things converted enough so at the moment I'm still stuck with MQ, and it doesn't appear that I can run MQ and InnerSpace itself at the same time (I know about teh old isxeqlegacy stuff but that won't work with my stuff).

Does WinEQ have a way to implement the window swapping functionality that ISboxer has? i see a way to actually switch the active window but that doesn't do much when i really need to see that other window more full screen than its tiled version.

Thanks

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:07 pm

Nothing about IS or ISBoxer prevents you from using macroquest 2. You do not need to integrate it by using ISXEQ, just run it the way you would run it without IS/ISBoxer

evainefaye
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by evainefaye » Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:29 am

Hmmm, can swear I tried this I ran into some errors.

So your saying I could run MQ, then open IS, and ISBoxer (to get the functionality I like out of those) and still have access to my MQ Scripts, etc, via the standard MQ way?

I can try that again when i get home, but I thought that didn't work for some reason.

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:50 am

Yes, that is what I am saying

Bogakona
Non-Subscriber

Post by Bogakona » Fri May 14, 2010 1:22 am

Lex, the reason the Cerberus page is still accessible is because there's a link to it on the WinEQ 2 page.