WinEQ broken need help

WinEQ 2.0 Pro discussion and support

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

Keille
GamingTools Subscriber

WinEQ broken need help

Post by Keille » Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:57 am

Greetings,

I am running windows 7 and I cannot get WinEQ to work.

It launches very slowly, freezes a few min when I update preferences. When I launch a session of EQ I can see eqgame.exe in taskmanager but after a few it poofes.
EQ just does not launch.
No error message nor box nothing.

Same happens with or without patch, admin or not admin, security suite disabled or not.

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:11 pm

Something installed on your PC is apparently interfering with WinEQ. I can't really guess what it is, but whatever security suite you disabled sounds like a good place to start. Some of them (Symantec Endpoint for example) leave services running even if it's disabled, and that could potentially be it.

There's no issues with Windows 7 though.

Keille
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by Keille » Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:45 am

I have had to uninstall outpost security suite (that I have used along with winEQ and EQ for over a year without issues).

I had set up full access to all the programs mmo related but something has changed and I cannot find a fix.
Uninstalling also improved my load times a lot and I can again use /log on in game without lagging as hell.

If anyone else is using it and knows a fix would be great. I have a paid subscription and kinda wouldnt know what else to get as security suite anyhow.

Thanks much :)