New DAoC Client - Workaround for WinEQ2?

WinEQ 2.0 Pro discussion and support

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

Kurn
Non-Subscriber

New DAoC Client - Workaround for WinEQ2?

Post by Kurn » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:41 am

Hey guys,

Mythic recently gave all expansions to everyone for free - and that includes the trial (this happened in the middle of my trial).

Along with that, they have a new client for download that includes all expansions. This new client has a new patcher and a different directory setup..

Anyway! WinEQ2 only works with the old client.. I can't for the life of me get it to work with the new client.

When the instances of DAoC load up, they are not in a WinEQ2 window at all. It's as if I loaded it outside of WinEQ2..

That's the best way I can explain it. But I point the same profile to the old client, and they load up in WinEQ2 just fine as always.

Is there a workaround for this yet?

Thanks,
Kurn

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:22 am

Try ISBoxer. Window Layout might not currently be working for DAOC, but other than that it should work fine

Kurn
Non-Subscriber

Post by Kurn » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:45 am

Lax wrote:Try ISBoxer. Window Layout might not currently be working for DAOC, but other than that it should work fine
Okay I'll look into it. I haven't used your software for a few years so I went with WinEQ2 since i already knew it.

I'm actually excited to see what I can do with your new stuff.

Thanks for the reply,
Kurn

Kurn
Non-Subscriber

Post by Kurn » Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:51 am

Lax wrote:Try ISBoxer. Window Layout might not currently be working for DAOC, but other than that it should work fine
Hey Lax, maybe it's just me (and that's a real possibility), but I can't get ISBoxer/IS to work with the new DAoC client. I can get everything to work with the OLD client - but after the 20th they are going to force using the new one - that's really the only problem..

If I could keep using the old client I would just use WinEQ2 Pro because it provides the features I am looking for.

I know it's hard to give advice when you don't know what's going on.. But if you have some general advice on how to deal with this new client I'll take anything.

Thanks,
Kurn

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:17 am

I'll download the new client and see what I can come up with. When you say you "can't get ISBoxer/IS to work with it" can you tell me anything more specific? Like what doesn't work, is there an error message, etc?

JamieW
Non-Subscriber

Post by JamieW » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:24 am

A side note:

I worked with Lax this past weekend on getting IS/ISBoxer up and going with DAOC (sans the window layout). All of the testing I did was with multiple instances of the Labyrinth client (which afaik is the newest) on a single computer. Now, if you'd been using WinEQ2 previously, I'm expecting that you mainly are using it for swapping between characters and changing window sizes on-the-fly.

The window swapping you should be able to do with the hotkeys setup in IS. Window sizing doesn't seem to be working quite so well for me (part of the reason why the layout stuff for ISBoxer isn't working). Hopefully Lax has some time to get that working, as that's really one of the primary benefits of using IS/ISBoxer.

Kurn
Non-Subscriber

Post by Kurn » Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:51 am

Lax wrote:I'll download the new client and see what I can come up with. When you say you "can't get ISBoxer/IS to work with it" can you tell me anything more specific? Like what doesn't work, is there an error message, etc?
Sorry for the lack of information on my part.

After setting things up, and running Inner Space with the new DAoC patcher/client, I get an error and VS2005 asks if I want to debug. I'm not good enough at programming to debug the issue.

When using the old daoc patcher/client, it works peachy.

As far as WinEQ2, still works like a champ on the old one, but the new one gets completely ignored - isn't loaded into a WinEQ window at all.. but is loaded as if I loaded it through its original shortcut, and not through WinEQ2

I understand that's still not much information, and I wish I had more for you.

Again, I can get everything to work with the original daoc patcher/client (even using the newest expansion). But using the new patcher/client from daoc, nothing wants to play nice with it.

Granted, I'm obviously very new at Inner Space, and it's likely i'm doing something wrong there.. But even so, there's obviously an issue with the new client of daoc if it won't work with wineq2.

Any other info that would be useful, please let me know. I'm sure DAoC, at this point, is way down on your radar.. I don't blame you. But if there's some sort of easy fix on your end that would be killer.

Kurn

Kurn
Non-Subscriber

Post by Kurn » Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:54 am

JamieW wrote:A side note:

I worked with Lax this past weekend on getting IS/ISBoxer up and going with DAOC (sans the window layout). All of the testing I did was with multiple instances of the Labyrinth client (which afaik is the newest) on a single computer. Now, if you'd been using WinEQ2 previously, I'm expecting that you mainly are using it for swapping between characters and changing window sizes on-the-fly.

The window swapping you should be able to do with the hotkeys setup in IS. Window sizing doesn't seem to be working quite so well for me (part of the reason why the layout stuff for ISBoxer isn't working). Hopefully Lax has some time to get that working, as that's really one of the primary benefits of using IS/ISBoxer.
Hiya,

Well they just pushed through a new patcher/client (that looks exactly like the Warhammer patcher). It looks and acts nothing like the old patcher, regardless of what expansion you're loading through.

This new client includes *all* expansions, so it's more generic. If you go to mythic and download daoc now, you only have the option to download this new one.

I'm not sure if that's the client you were using or not.. either way I wish you luck in getting things going smoothly.

Kurn

Kurn
Non-Subscriber

Post by Kurn » Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:32 pm

As of September 1st, DAoC forced the new patcher/client.

Neither WinEQ2 Pro nor Inner Space work now.

Using WinEQ2 Pro, DAoC simply doesn't load into the WinEQ2 windows. It acts exactly as if I loaded it directly and not via WinEQ2.

Using InnerSpace, I just get an error and it asks me if I would like to debug. I know enough C to get myself in trouble and that's about it. I have no idea how to debug the situation. Okay, I've actually created some personal use software - but nothing overly complicated. Anyway...

Are you planning to continue support for DAoC? That's not a jab, I'm honestly curious. As of the 1st, my pro subscription does nothing for me. I don't play any other games.

Please let me know if there's anything I can do. I am more than willing to do what I can. I am decent with scripting and light code.

Thanks,
Kurn

Kurn
Non-Subscriber

Post by Kurn » Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:04 pm

Lax,

Not even a reply? If somehow you have no problem getting the NEW daoc client to work with WinEQ2 (or IS) then you could tell me. They forced the new client as stated in my previous post.

Prior to that, I had no problem, as I was using the DF client which was modeled after all the others previous.

This new one, with the WAR-like patcher, is screwed - at least for me.

If you have no problem with this particuliar client/patcher - then please let me know.

At least give me a small hint as to what I am doing wrong.

If you see my join date, I've been using your tools off and on for 5 years. I know how to use WinEQ2 quite well. Granted, I am noob when it comes to IS, but it doesn't change the fact that daoc won't even load for me when using that tool.

If you have tested daoc, after the forced client push, and still have no issues - well let me know if you don't mind.

Better yet, if you have any suggestions as to why I may be the only one having these issues - that would be awesome.

Thanks
Kurn

Code: Select all

WinEQ 2 System Information
System:
-----------------------------------
Windows Version: Microsoft Windows XP/Service Pack 3/2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.090206-1234
System Physical RAM: 1887/2814MB
Page File: 6168/6876MB
Virtual Memory: 1998/2047MB (Extended: 0MB)
CPU 1: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU          6600  @ 2.40GHz @ 2400MHz
CPU 2: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU          6600  @ 2.40GHz @ 2400MHz
CPU Affinity Mask: 3
Video 1: \\.\DISPLAY1/NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS
Video 2: \\.\DISPLAYV1/NetMeeting driver
Video 3: \\.\DISPLAYV2/RDPDD Chained DD
Monitor 1: \\.\DISPLAY1 (0,0,1680,1050) (1680x1050) PRIMARY
Sound: ?
DirectX: 4.09.00.0904
Internet Explorer: 7.0.5730.13
WinEQ: 2.15

Loaded Modules:
Module 0: XXXX
Module 1: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntdll.dll
Module 2: C:\WINDOWS\system32\kernel32.dll
Module 3: C:\WINDOWS\system32\VERSION.dll
Module 4: C:\WINDOWS\system32\USER32.dll
Module 5: C:\WINDOWS\system32\GDI32.dll
Module 6: C:\WINDOWS\system32\SHELL32.dll
Module 7: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ADVAPI32.dll
Module 8: C:\WINDOWS\system32\RPCRT4.dll
Module 9: C:\WINDOWS\system32\Secur32.dll
Module 10: C:\WINDOWS\system32\msvcrt.dll
Module 11: C:\WINDOWS\system32\SHLWAPI.dll
Module 12: C:\WINDOWS\system32\WINHTTP.dll
Module 13: C:\WINDOWS\system32\WS2_32.dll
Module 14: C:\WINDOWS\system32\WS2HELP.dll
Module 15: C:\WINDOWS\system32\IMM32.DLL
Module 16: C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\x86_Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.2600.5512_x-ww_35d4ce83\comctl32.dll
Module 17: C:\Program Files\WinEQ2\WinEQ2.dll
Module 18: C:\WINDOWS\system32\PSAPI.DLL
Module 19: C:\Program Files\WinEQ2\Lavish.dll
Module 20: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ole32.dll
Module 21: C:\WINDOWS\system32\iphlpapi.dll
Module 22: C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvappfilter.dll
Module 23: C:\WINDOWS\system32\OLEAUT32.dll
Module 24: C:\WINDOWS\system32\mswsock.dll
Module 25: C:\WINDOWS\system32\hnetcfg.dll
Module 26: C:\WINDOWS\System32\wshtcpip.dll
Module 27: C:\WINDOWS\system32\DNSAPI.dll
Module 28: C:\WINDOWS\System32\winrnr.dll
Module 29: C:\WINDOWS\system32\WLDAP32.dll
Module 30: C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mdnsNSP.dll
Module 31: C:\WINDOWS\system32\rasadhlp.dll
Module 32: C:\Program Files\WinEQ2\EQPlayNice.dll
Module 33: C:\WINDOWS\system32\MSCTF.dll
Module 34: C:\Program Files\Logitech\SetPoint\GameHook.dll
Module 35: C:\Program Files\Logitech\SetPoint\lgscroll.dll
Module 36: C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\x86_Microsoft.VC80.CRT_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.4053_x-ww_e6967989\MSVCR80.dll
Module 37: C:\WINDOWS\system32\NTMARTA.DLL
Module 38: C:\WINDOWS\system32\SAMLIB.dll
Module 39: C:\WINDOWS\system32\CLBCATQ.DLL
Module 40: C:\WINDOWS\system32\COMRes.dll
Module 41: C:\WINDOWS\system32\xpsp2res.dll
Module 42: C:\WINDOWS\system32\SXS.DLL
Module 43: C:\Program Files\WinEQ2\WinEQ2-DAOC.dll
Module 44: C:\WINDOWS\system32\MSIMG32.dll
Module 45: C:\Program Files\WinEQ2\WinEQ2-D3D9.dll
Module 46: C:\WINDOWS\system32\d3d9.dll
Module 47: C:\WINDOWS\system32\d3d8thk.dll
Module 48: C:\WINDOWS\system32\WINMM.dll
Module 49: C:\WINDOWS\system32\d3dx9_30.dll
Module 50: C:\Program Files\WinEQ2\WinEQ2-D3D8.dll
Module 51: C:\Program Files\WinEQ2\WinEQ2-DI7.dll

Direct3D9:
Adapter Display Mode: 0x0 D3DFMT_UNKNOWN
Game Display Mode: 0x0 D3DFMT_UNKNOWN (Windowed)
Current Adapter: 0
Available Texture Memory: (not currently available)
Direct3D8:
Adapter Display Mode: 0x0 D3DFMT_UNKNOWN
Game Display Mode: 0x0 D3DFMT_UNKNOWN
Current Adapter: 0
Available Texture Memory: (not currently available)
DirectInput7:

Dark Age of Camelot:
Profile 2: XXXX
DAOC Path: XXXX
Video Adapter: Primary

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:12 pm

I doubt the patcher will be an issue. At the moment you're the only person reporting an issue launching the game, so it's unclear whether it is a widespread problem or just you (to be honest the quality of Mythic's software is crap in the first place, while it may of course be fun to play). I went and tested it when I saw your post, but my client logged in fine and was not forced to update to a new patcher or anything. So I haven't had a chance to download and test with this new client yet.

I apologize for the delay in getting your issue solved. Unfortunately I haven't heard from anyone else on this one way or the other, so that doesn't help :)

I'm patching it up now.

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:38 pm

Hi everyone, this thread is 2 years old and -- while WinEQ 2 may or may not work with DAOC -- this thread does not reflect the current state of DAOC support in Inner Space. There are no currently-known issues with DAOC. If you have a problem with DAOC in Inner Space, please report it as a new issue.

Thanks!