WinEQ2 blocks Synergy & Input Director (KVM)

WinEQ 2.0 Pro discussion and support

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

meggen
GamingTools Subscriber

WinEQ2 blocks Synergy & Input Director (KVM)

Post by meggen » Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:18 pm

Hi,
I have just set up a laptop next to my primary PC to use for web browsing while I play Everquest on the primary.
I wanted to be able to use the same mouse/keyboard to control both and I found two programs that seemed ideal. Synergy and Input Director.

These work perfectly right up until I try to run everquest using Wineq2 :(
With everquest running on its own I can move the mouse off the side of one screen and it appears on the other pc fine.

I have tested both programs with everquest in windowed mode and in full screen mode and they both work correctly.

But, as soon as I try to run everquest via wineq2 I can no longer switch from one pc to the other UNLESS I tab out of everquest first, which realle defeats the object.

So, two questions.
1. Is there a reason that wineq2 is blocking these programs ?
2. Any chance of getting a fix so these programs work ?

Thanks.

Ang.

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:48 pm

First I've heard of this, and WinEQ 2 has been around for years. I'll ask around, but I don't know of any reason that WinEQ 2 would "block" Synergy or Input Director. Someone I talked to just now said he has used both Synergy and Input Director -- a couple months ago -- with WinEQ 2 and didn't have this kind of problem. No relevant changes have been made in WinEQ 2 since then.

If it does turn out to be an issue with WinEQ 2, I can't say that major changes to WinEQ 2 are in the cards. Inner Space has all but replaced it with the semi-recent advent of ISBoxer, and I'm now working on what would essentially be WinEQ 4, and expect this product to be available within a couple months.

meggen
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by meggen » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:27 pm

Thanks for the reply.
Just installed InnerSpace and tried to use it and it too prevents me from swapping from one pc to the other unless I tab out.
Basically if the EQ window (or technically I guess it is the WinEQ2/InnerSpace window) has the focus then I cant move the mouse off the side of the screen.

But as soon as any other window has the focus I can swap with no problems.

I guess I'm going to have to run EQ without WinEQ2.

This should be fairly easy to reproduce as long as you have 2 PCs available.
Simply install Synergy or Input Director and try moving the mouse from one pc to the other with and without wineq2/innerspace.

I am using windows 7 64bit but I can't see how that would make a difference as the programs work fine on their own.

Ang.

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:45 pm

Okay. I know what the issue is then.

Run Synergy or Input Director as Administrator, and it will work fine. Inner Space and WinEQ 2 both require Administrator privileges and programs that do not have the same level will be blocked from accessing them.

Skurge
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by Skurge » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:45 pm

If you are running EQ as Admin still, you may also need to run the KVM software as Admin. Non-elevated applications can't talk to elevated (admin).

meggen
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by meggen » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:28 pm

Thank you :)

That fixed it.

Tried them both and they are working fine.

Ang.