EQ1: Unable to load World error message not shown

WinEQ 2.0 Pro discussion and support

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

Saffronica
GamingTools Subscriber

EQ1: Unable to load World error message not shown

Post by Saffronica » Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:53 pm

Recently started playing again and had issues with logging into game kicking me to desktop every time I got past character select. No error message of any kind given just insta-boot. My problem was missing zone files. The patcher full scan doesn't determine the fact they are missing either so its a hard one to diagnose without repatching the whole game.

I had thought maybe something could be wrong in eqclient.ini and decided to load up EQ1 without WinEQ2 just to check so I wouldn't have to rebuild my INI's for no reason if that was not the case. Upon trying to enter world, without WinEQ2, this time when I was booted to desktop I got a message box:

Unable to load World
EverQuest cannot find the zone file 'shortname' in the directory that you are currently running EverQuest from. Please check and make sure that you do not have more than one directory with EverQuest installed. If so, you may be running from the wrong directory. For assistance with this problem, please call (858) 537-0898, or visit our website at http://www.everquest.com

Summary: WinEQ2 suppresses this error message for some reason. If this is not intentional, it would be nice if it let it display so anyone with a similar issue would have more clues as to the problem.