Cannot get WinEQ2 to work at all with DAOC

WinEQ 2.0 Pro discussion and support

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

Giffen
Non-Subscriber

Cannot get WinEQ2 to work at all with DAOC

Post by Giffen » Sat May 16, 2009 11:04 am

I'm only trying to run two daoc clients.

I am able to get DAOC to launch via the wineq2 shortcuts by selecting the Catacombs client in the preferences eventhough I'm using the Labrynth daoc client.

When I get in game, no hotkeys do anything, in fact I cannot get any effect to work that would show I even have WinEQ2 installed on my machine.

I've tried launching daoc in windowed and in full screen mode. Tried the hotkeys for making tiny, emultate full screen, switch to other instance, etc. and no effect whatsoever.

I'm using Vista x64 ultimate and another issue is vista stores the DAOC character and login info in one folder under user folders so you can't get the login data to be different for each profile either.

I had this working a year or two ago on DAOC and I think that was after labrynth was released, back then I had 3 accounts working fine...but now I don't think it works at all.

Giffen
Non-Subscriber

Post by Giffen » Sat May 23, 2009 8:55 am

The daoc program window is also not changing in name to the WINEQ2 one detailed in the profile I'm launching, it is staying as the DAOC normal name from Mythic....this indicates to me that for some reason WinEQ2 is not doing anything for DAOC when I launch the profile through wineq2.

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Sat May 23, 2009 9:54 am

You may actually be the first person to ask about DAOC since a year or two ago.

I would try using Inner Space with ISBoxer if WinEQ 2 doesn't work. It's more powerful and can do everything WinEQ 2 does and more (like broadcasting keyboard/mouse to the other window). Using a Virtual File in ISBoxer you can set up your login data to be different for each Character if you like.