Would like to run 3 sessions

WinEQ 2.0 Pro discussion and support

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

wehawken
GamingTools Subscriber

Would like to run 3 sessions

Post by wehawken » Fri May 15, 2009 10:29 am

Hello folks,

I have been using WinEQ2 pro for years with 2 EQ1 accounts.
It is solid and works exceptionally well and rarely have any issue.
I use the picture in picture method to switch.

I want to start a third account now.

Question is will my machine support it?

I run AMD Athlon 64 x2 3.01 GHz
Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTS 512mb
SATA drives x3
Win XP pro 32 bit
4 gb ram but of course XP sees 3.5 gb.

Is it feasible to run a third account on this machine?

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Fri May 15, 2009 10:46 am

Yes, your machine will run a third account just fine. Back in the day we used to run 3 accounts on much worse ;) If you have performance issues, you will want to lower graphics settings in the game to increase performance at the cost of some graphical prettiness.

However, WinEQ 2's picture-in-picture will only manage a single PIP window.

Being that you are a subscriber, I would highly recommend grabbing ISBoxer Toolkit (used with Inner Space) to take your game to the next level. It can manage as many PIP windows you like or let you configure your game windows in any desired fashion via a click and drag interface. It can also manage your ability to send keystrokes or mouse clicks to the other windows, among other features. Definitely give it a look, you lose nothing by trying it out :P

Also, if you need the EQPlayNice rendering limiting feature (which drastically improves performance BUT does the "flickering" that some people prefer not to have) when using ISBoxer, you can leave WinEQ 2 running in the system tray, and disable the FPS limiting features in ISBoxer (uncheck the boxes).

wehawken
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by wehawken » Sat May 16, 2009 11:59 pm

Hello again,

I installed ISBoxer and Inner Space today and it works quite well with 3 toons. I can see using it for many scenarios in serious grouping and I probably will, but I wonder about one thing.

I?m moving a couple of my high level toons from one account to a new one so 3 can work together on solo efforts, and that is where I see many advantages in Inner Space for 3 boxing over WinEQ2.

But there are scenarios where I would still prefer to switch out toons on the fly. With a character set, I am unsuccessful in camping one of the 3 active toons to switch to another. If I have Druid, Mage, and Warrior in a set and need to log my shammy for buffs.. I have to exit all 3 toons and switch to another set with the toon combo I need.

Am I understanding this correctly? In your post, I think I am missing your meaning.
Can ISBoxer interface with WinEQ2 rather than Inner Space?
If so.. how?

Thank you

wehawken
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by wehawken » Sat May 16, 2009 11:59 pm

Hello again,

I installed ISBoxer and Inner Space today and it works quite well with 3 toons. I can see using it for many scenarios in serious grouping and I probably will, but I wonder about one thing.

I?m moving a couple of my high level toons from one account to a new one so 3 can work together on solo efforts, and that is where I see many advantages in Inner Space for 3 boxing over WinEQ2.

But there are scenarios where I would still prefer to switch out toons on the fly. With a character set, I am unsuccessful in camping one of the 3 active toons to switch to another. If I have Druid, Mage, and Warrior in a set and need to log my shammy for buffs.. I have to exit all 3 toons and switch to another set with the toon combo I need.

Am I understanding this correctly? In your post, I think I am missing your meaning.
If so.. how?

Thank you

wehawken
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by wehawken » Sun May 17, 2009 12:01 am

Hello again,

If so.. how?

Thank you

wehawken
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by wehawken » Sun May 17, 2009 12:03 am

apologies for the triple posts.. /rolls eyes
I got a debug error when I clicked on "submit"

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Sun May 17, 2009 1:04 am

No, ISBoxer cannot interface with WinEQ 2.
You would need to make a Character Set for each of the possible combinations. You could close out one character, and launch the other set, and assuming you're launching an identical set, with slots in the same order, but that Character switched for another, it will simply launch the missing one.

For the key mappings, you can set up a master key map that loads different key maps when you swap a character in -- e.g. don't assign all of the key maps to a character set, but set up a Mapped Key that loads a key map with a Key Map State Action, for each one you'd switch to or such.

wehawken
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by wehawken » Sun May 17, 2009 3:03 pm

Now I see why you included ?copy? in the character set options.

The ease of switching toons in WinEQ2 is powerful?
I guess I?ll have to see how big my character set assortment becomes.
My first impression is to make faces at you :shock:

Do you intend to develop ?on the fly? toon switching in IS or is multiple character sets going to be the way it?s done?

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Sun May 17, 2009 3:15 pm

With WinEQ 2 you launch individual characters, and there are no options for broadcasting, there's no window layouts, etc. So while you can launch any character you want "on the fly" there is no advanced options. You can do the same thing with IS if you want to launch one at a time and not have them linked in any fashion ;)

I am developing new multiboxing software (not expected for a month or two yet) and I'll be sure to take your requests into account.

wehawken
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by wehawken » Sun May 17, 2009 5:07 pm

Lax wrote:You can do the same thing with IS if you want to launch one at a time and not have them linked in any fashion ;)
You can?

I can manually launch 3 toons and have pip?

How would I do that?

Ya know.. we old time winEQ2 guys are a simple folk... you assault level Navy seal 10 boxers are a little over the top for us.

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Sun May 17, 2009 7:53 pm

I can manually launch 3 toons and have pip?
You would need to manually configure WindowSnapper if you want pip without using ISBoxer.

wehawken
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by wehawken » Mon May 18, 2009 8:24 am

Thanks for all the ideas and options :)