Feature request

WinEQ 2.0 Pro discussion and support

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

ausversucht
GamingTools Subscriber

Feature request

Post by ausversucht » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:45 am

I would like an added feature to the window tiling to include left/right half on the screen, I often play 2 or 3 accounts at the same time (never 4) and I usually will tile the left 2 windows and leave the right side windowed, which generally works ok, but often I have to monkey around with the window a bit to keep from losing the stuff on the very edges.

I don't know how hard it would be to add this, I already use the custom resolutions so that everything stays in proportion and I think that this would be a great addition to an already great addon software package.

ausversucht
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by ausversucht » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:48 am

Guess I should add that I use a widescreen monitor, so I guess that makes me biased to the left/right option as opposed to the top/bottom option that others may be inclined to request.

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:23 am

Tiling unfortunately would not be sufficient for halving the screen, as the display would be scaled in that fashion -- you would see the world half as wide, or half as tall, and you wouldn't be able to read anything at all.

However, WinEQ 2 does add split-screen resolutions to the in-game list of resolutions, which will properly implement this for you. For example, with a 1280x1024 desktop resolution, you would find 640x1024 and 1280x512 resolutions in the in-game list. Selecting 640x1024 would give you the left or right half of the screen, and then you could tile 2 sessions to fill the other half of the screen (disable tiling on the one that's split) or do the same thing (split resolution) for 1 other session.

ausversucht
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by ausversucht » Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:10 pm

wouldn't tiling work for split half screen if you used tiling and custom resolutions

That is what I do now I use 840 x 525 for my upper left and lower left tile and then I use the 840 x 1050 for my main character in the right HALF of the screen this fills up my 1680 x 1050 desktop resolution, I just wanted to be able to have the clean tile look for the right side that the left side already has.

I guess it is not a huge deal, but it would be something I would use and I would definetely use a LOT more when I go down to 2 boxes soon when my 3rd box exprires at the end of the month. (I only reactivated my druid to help PL up my new bard, only took me 5 days and I'm already at 58 with 14 AA's)

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:13 pm

Yes, you just need to disable tiling for the split screen window. To get the "tile look" create a window preset that has no border, and select the proper position :)