SOE broke something in todays (25th Nov 08) EQ2 patch

WinEQ 2.0 Pro discussion and support

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

flameweaver
GamingTools Subscriber

SOE broke something in todays (25th Nov 08) EQ2 patch

Post by flameweaver » Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:48 am

Lax,
I can no longer get WIN EQ2 to provide the emulated full screen on my wide screen monitor (1680 x 1050), As I understand it the emulated full screen is bascially a window, without the borders, "stretched" to fit the screen. This has always worked fine up until todays patch. Now I get a emulated full screen screen but with the standard windows border, exactly as I would using EQ2's windowed mode without WIN EQ2 loaded. If I hit ALT&Enter the game will switch from EQ2's windowed to full screen modes, but ALT&Enter back to windowed mode ends up with the border flashing or disappearing, leaving the game window sitting in the middle of the screen with a nice "border" provided by the remnents of my desktop.

I don't think this is a driver/os/hardware issue, the rig I'm using is a couple of years old and the hardware hasn't changed and its fully patched and all drivers up to date, but no driver updates for the last few weeks. I'm pretty certain it's something SOE changed. And it was working fine right up until the downtime for todays patch !

Hope you can fix this, I run a dual monitor system and keep EQ2 Wiki open on the second monitor. I don't like the standard window mode and having to ALT & TAB out of Full Screen mode just to access/update Wiki can be a real pain.

(I can post SysInfo.txt if you need it).

FW

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:48 pm

This should be fixed as of now. Restart WinEQ 2 to let it patch up to the current version and everything should work again as before.