Possible support for Age of Conan?

WinEQ 2.0 Pro discussion and support

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

Darkwyndre
GamingTools Subscriber

Possible support for Age of Conan?

Post by Darkwyndre » Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:01 pm

Hi There,

I've been an off and on Gaming Tools Pro subscriber for quite a lot of years now, as well as a donator towards MQ2. I absolutely love WinEQ2, and the program actually solves a nasty problem I have with games. Specifically, I seem to experience a lot of framerate lag/loss, especially randomly after alt-tabbing. Sometimes I can alt-tab 20 times and experience no issue, and then the 21st time it's a complete bog down.

Well ... in Age of Conan, these same symptoms show up without me needing to alt-tab at all. A look at task manager shows a very high amount of my memory tied up that shouldn't be, so my guess is a memory leak.

Anyway ... when the problem strikes me in EQ or WoW, I just switch to windowed mode and back to fullscreen mode real quickly and voila, fps shoots back up to the cap and I go on my merry way. I did a quick forum search and only two threads popped up with the word "conan" in them, so ... is there any possibility that Age of Conan could make it onto the list of games that work with WinEQ2?

I'd gladly pay a little extra or dust off my college computer science skills and try to contribute towards making that happen if it's something that is possible.

Best Regards,
Dark

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:49 pm

I am in the process of building the next generation of WinEQ, and Age of Conan will be supported. Beta should be available by the end of August. :)

Darkwyndre
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by Darkwyndre » Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:27 pm

Lax you are amazing as always. I don't know if you are looking for any devhelp, but I'd be glad to donate some of my time. I'm not a very rich person so I cannot offer monetarily more than the subscription fee, but I'd gladly give ya 10+ hours a week of my time if it could be of use to you :)