Recommendations for WinEQ 2 settings for 6-box on one comp?

WinEQ 2.0 Pro discussion and support

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

jdpatt
GamingTools Subscriber

Recommendations for WinEQ 2 settings for 6-box on one comp?

Post by jdpatt » Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:44 pm

Hi,

I recently got back into EQ, and upgraded my computer hardware shortly after. I'm trying to box 6 accounts on one computer (Core 2 Quad/3G RAM/Vista Premium/256 Video card), with the settings all turned down, and having pretty good results.

My question is: What are you using (those of you doing more than 4 instances on one machine) for your WinEQ settings? I'm a bit of a noob, so don't feel that talking down to me is a problem, haha.

Ideally, I'd like to have all 6 accounts tiled (maybe PiP size) on the right side of the screen, with whatever character I'm focusing on as close to full size as I can; i.e. one big box on the screen, with 5 smaller ones to the side, with the ability to click on the smaller boxes to put them in the foreground.

I do have the ability to use 2 monitors, although I think I'd prefer to use one (will be upgrading that soon as well). I also could split the 6 accounts between 2 computers (either 4 on the newer, 2 on the older; or 3/3...the old comp handled 3 accounts pretty well).

Any recommendations? What's working for the rest of you?

Thanks in advance,
Dave

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:22 pm

Unfortunately only a handful of people read these forums unless they are having problems, so you might not get a good response here.

I would recommend using 2 monitors. WinEQ 2 supports 4 tiles per monitor, so this would allow you to use the tiling feature and see all of them. Besides, even if you decide not to use tiling, this would allow you to have each window big enough to actually see what's happening ;)

Plague
Non-Subscriber

Post by Plague » Mon May 05, 2008 6:10 pm

I have all my graphics set to medium,which is nice. When i box 4,like in valde pit, low lag there as well, I am fine.
Anything more then 4,or lots of lag issues,I turn down the graphic to low. I turn off all models excepts DE and ogre, and turn off social animations. With that, things tend to go alot smoother. I dont really worry about the graphics when I do that sort of thing because im there more to get something done then to look at pretty graphics. When Im all done I just log in a 2 or 3 that I normally play and turn the nice options back on.
Mind you I do all of this with win xp,2 gigs of ram,3.2 ghz duel core processor,and a x1950 agp card. Yes,hehe my machine is at least 4 years old is seems almost,but I have to keep it up to date to play my favorite game! With such strong machines out there<drool> you could do so much more Im sure! Good luck boxing!