Eqgame.exe crash on exit with WinEQ 2.0 Pro

WinEQ 2.0 Pro discussion and support

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

Zinastik
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by Zinastik » Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:59 am

Just thought I'd jump in and say that I, too, am getting this problem, although it's eqtest for me

eqaussie
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by eqaussie » Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:44 am

I'm getting this error too, as i camp to char select to switch toons.

Brillohead
Non-Subscriber

Post by Brillohead » Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:51 pm

Same here... I crash on exit every single time I am pretty sure.

Reading this thread made me wonder if this isn't an EQ bug, but one that only rears its ugly head in the context of running under WinEQ2 if that makes any sense.

I don't have the problem if I run an instance outside of WinEQ2 either but that still doesn't mean its WinEQ2 that is the problem. That failure to release resources may not matter when exiting a single instance of EQ or perhaps an instance not running under this software.

Just some food for thought, which I'd guess Lax has already thought about.

fearless
Non-Subscriber

Post by fearless » Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:06 pm

According to Lax (and I am prone to believe him), it IS an eq bug and he has tried to make WinEQ2 ignore it / bypass it/ fix it / whatever else but has not been completely successful.

Tolsonor
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by Tolsonor » Sat Jul 29, 2006 4:39 pm

I get the eqgame.exe crash when I exit BUT also when I try to load a second instance -- even if the first is fully loaded and stable. ALSO, I sometimes get it when running EQ without WIneq2.0. I tend to think it is a problem with Sony's programing and not Lax... I find I can temporarily clear the bug if I delete the DX8, DX 9, eqhardware, eqmain, and eqclient.ini (ugh) and repatch EQ. It invariably comes back after a few sessions but has worked for me many times. I just hate loosing the eqclient file. I have tried NOT deleting that one but it doesnt work then. Hence I think a bug is getting saved into the client file that causes it.

just fyi

Tols

Jemth
Non-Subscriber

Post by Jemth » Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:13 pm

I generally run 3 instances of EQ in WinEQ and it happens virtually every time I try to log off any or all instances to load another account.

One thing I haven't seen on here though is, if I do it enough times without closing out everything and rebooting, I eventually get an error that will not allow me to load another instance of WinEQ.

It says something like no more 3D Device Handles or something like that. I concluded that with the WinEQ crashes, since the instance didn't completely close out, it never released the 3D Device Handle and just ran out of them.

Jemth

fasterfind
GamingTools Subscriber

here too

Post by fasterfind » Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:14 pm

Also experiencing this.
I log in and out upwards of fifty times a day since I'm doing deliveries. One thing I've noticed that's not posted is that if two crashes stack. Like, if i llog out two guys at the same time, they both crash, and I don't click OK on the first error window before the next one appears - my system totally kills itself.

Taskmanager becomes helpless and a reboot is the one thing to bring back my system speed. It acts almost like there's a runaway process keeping the processor at 99% however, I don't see that in task manger.

oddx
Non-Subscriber

Post by oddx » Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:22 am

Still happens but I have noticed if I give the computer time to do its thing in between screen changes while logging out it doesnt happen.

Onceagain
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by Onceagain » Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:51 pm

Getting this same error when I camp out of EQ using wineq

zulie
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by zulie » Sat Nov 04, 2006 9:10 am

I am having the same problem on both of my PC's. It appears that this problem has been around for years.

fearless
Non-Subscriber

Post by fearless » Sat Nov 04, 2006 1:12 pm

zulie wrote:I am having the same problem on both of my PC's. It appears that this problem has been around for years.
Years? This thread was started 6 months ago.

Regardless, the response has not changed, this is a problem with EQ that WinEQ2 exposes. Lax has been working on WinEQ3 which is based off of InnerSpace, which handles this EQ bug.

SamDaMan
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by SamDaMan » Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:44 am

There are a ton of posts about this problem over at the EQ tech support forum, so I would not blame WinEQ2.

I play in full screen and cntrl - esc out to get to windows and only have this problem when I log out, which has no effect on anything so it means nothing.