WinEQ 2.0 Pro discussion and support

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

Diani
GamingTools Subscriber

EQ problem

Post by Diani » Mon Jul 18, 2005 12:44 pm

Hello,

I had wineq2.08 all working etc etc.
Norton Antivirus 2005 encountered a critical error and asked for a reinstall. Did this.
Since I did this starting EQ from wineq2.08 causes everquest.exe to crash giving the windows would you like to sent an error-report screen.
EQ runs without trouble without wineq.
My system is checked for virusses and spyware.

I cannot locate any sysinfo.txt file on my computer. An advanced search including hidden files gives no match. Creating it with wineq2.08 doesnt seem to work cause everquest.exe crashes before that option becomes available in wineq.

ALthought I dont ahve a subscribtion to eq2 anymore the software was still on my system. Trying to launch eq2 with wineq2.08 has exactly the same result : eq2 client application crashes and gives the do you want to sent an error report screen

Please advice

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Mon Jul 18, 2005 12:50 pm

Does disabling NAV 2005 allow WinEQ to work?

Diani
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by Diani » Mon Jul 18, 2005 12:51 pm

Nope it doesnt.

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:01 pm

Well, that's interesting then. Did you uninstall (or delete) and reinstall WinEQ 2? If you had it working previously, there should be an existing SysInfo.txt.

Do you have all Windows updates?

Diani
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by Diani » Mon Jul 18, 2005 2:05 pm

No I did not.
It seems at the moment however that my system is experiencing more trouble than was obvious at first glance.
Going to reinstall from a back up (hoping it isnt the hardware that is screwed)
Will post again if it doesnt resolve my problems

Diani
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by Diani » Tue Jul 19, 2005 3:01 pm

Ok, first the good news: the issue is resolved.
For completeness sake I will give the actions I had to take...maybe someone will benefit from it.
Restored disc from a backup (only 2 days old)...after this EQ refused to work completely showing the same behaviour as it previously only did while running wineq2.08 .
Cause the problem didnt seem to be a wineq2 issue anymore I contacted SOE and did meet some nice tech person who walked me through everything they could think of. That didnt show anything abnormal. Tech told me they sometimes did get cases of mystery eq crashing and that sometimes reinstalling EQ (old world only) and then having the patcher do the rest solves it.
Made a backup of all my ini-files and did that....lord behold 5 hours later everything runs perfect...eq runs and eq also is the best of mates with wineq.

Thnx for the time and efford spent on my silly problem.

Btw first thin I did after it all ran as supposed to is check if the sysinfo file was still mia but now it was sitting there clearly in the wineq directory