Picture in Picture question

WinEQ 2.0 Pro discussion and support

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

Spiocder
GamingTools Subscriber

Picture in Picture question

Post by Spiocder » Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:37 am

Hello.
I used the PiP mode for the first time yesterday.
And while I was alt-tab'ing as usual between the characters, I suddenly found myself controling my bot in the little window on my main character (PiP). (Did that explanation make sense?)
And thought wow that rocked. But when I alt-tabbed next time I was switching from my main character window to my bot window as usual.
Is there a command to switch over to controle my bot in the little PiP window?
I couldn't figure it out.

Thanks in advance!

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Fri Mar 18, 2005 12:59 pm

The problem with using ALT+TAB is that ALT+TAB works based on the window "Z" order, or what windows are on top of the others. When you hit ALT+TAB, it goes to the very next window down. Thus, you can see there will be a problem trying to go to the window that is placed above your current window. To do so, windows has "SHIFT+ALT+TAB" which goes upward in the "Z" order. You can use that, or the built-in WinEQ session switching keys.

Right click on the WinEQ tray icon, and select "WinEQ 2.0 Manual". In the manual, expand "EverQuest" and click on the "Quick Start" topic. The bottom of that topic lists some default hotkeys that are most commonly used, including the Next and Previous session keys. Expand "Preferences" and you can see how to change the hotkeys.

There is also hotkeys to switch to a specific window -- by default, this will be CTRL+ALT+1, CTRL+ALT+2, and so on. This can be set per profile, and the entire list of defaults can be set in the hotkey preferences

Wishbringer
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by Wishbringer » Sat Mar 19, 2005 5:47 am

Another question for PiP mode (didn't want to start a new topic):

When I try to set "WinEQ2/Everquest/Profiles/Default/PiP X Position" on a higher value it reverts back to 20.
But i want to have my PiP on the right side of the screen, at around 1300.
Running at 1600x1200

Wishbringer
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by Wishbringer » Sat Mar 19, 2005 5:57 am

Just dicovered:
When changing PIPX in WinEQ-EQ.ini to 1280 WinEQ shows me "PiP X Position" = 1280 too.
Maybe a Bug with assigning a var.

Wishbringer
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by Wishbringer » Sat Mar 19, 2005 5:59 am

I mean "PiP Y Position"
Damn, where is the button to change text?!

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Sat Mar 19, 2005 11:38 am

Please do start a new topic next time, and the edit button is unavailable with good reason ;)

Anyhow, checking on this problem now

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Sat Mar 19, 2005 7:54 pm

Turns out the settings window considers both the PIP X and PIP Y to be PIP X ;) Funny how long this bug took to surface.

It will be updated tonight