Suggestion for WoW...

WinEQ 2.0 Pro discussion and support

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

Shilaou
GamingTools Subscriber

Suggestion for WoW...

Post by Shilaou » Sun Dec 05, 2004 12:54 pm

Hi Lax,

Suggestion for starting up WoW...A large population of WoW players use a custom UI called cosmos. Cosmos requires that you run the cosmos.exe file prior to starting WoW(it's the program that actually calls wow.exe). Would it be possible to add in an option for a profile that we are able to point WinEQ 2.0 to the executable we want it to run? I'd like to use WinEQ2 to call cosmos.exe which patches and then loads wow.exe.

Currently I haven't found a way to do this. I've even tried creating a shortcut called wow.exe which points to cosmos.exe with no luck.

Let me know what your thoughts are.

Shilaou

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Sun Dec 05, 2004 1:30 pm

:shock:
"Normally, this classification does not include UI modifications, except those UIs that require an external application to function." (from Blizzard's policy on acceptable UI mods)

From what I can tell, you shouldnt actually have to run cosmos.exe. In fact, I dont see anything anywhere that says it requires doing so... let alone anything that says how to use it in the first place.

I'll do some research.

toptek
Non-Subscriber

on mod

Post by toptek » Sun Dec 05, 2004 1:53 pm

If i understand what he's asking .

You don't need to run cosmos or any other UI FILE PATCHER at start up .

All the files can BE downlaoded as a package.

OR you can pick which you want.

im using the full Version of Gypsymod and on the CTmod only using the parts i need FROM CTmod.

on the GYPSYMOD i won't use the patcher for it.

when i did use it i got a virus .

and only norton would show it.

so i'd say why run it at start up, you really dont need to. all it does it patch and look for UI files or ADDONS.

and if it's for thottle why not wait till magelo is finshed with a plugin for WoW.

my self i only trust a few patcher and WinEQ is one of the few so far .

Later

Shilaou
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by Shilaou » Sun Dec 05, 2004 2:10 pm

I suppose I wasn't clear...

Cosmos doesn't -require- that you load it as a frontend; however, while in game you are collecting data on mob location, mob drops, etc which is then u/l'd to thott. Each time you run cosmos.exe it patches any updates to the UI and uploads that data to thott. It would just be a plus if I'm able to point WinEQ 2.0 to a frontend of my choice instead of it automatically launching wow.exe

Shilaou

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Sun Dec 05, 2004 2:20 pm

Okay, I see. Unfortunately WinEQ's design doesn't allow what you're asking for, but should be fine in what I'm working on next... details soon :)

toptek
Non-Subscriber

magelo

Post by toptek » Sun Dec 05, 2004 8:01 pm

when he gets its going magelo will do it beter then thotltle wil.

i knew thats why you were rinin it .

also if you a allz account check out there WoWreader.

Later