Lag with WinEQ2 vs WinEQ1

WinEQ 2.0 Pro discussion and support

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

Maelya
GamingTools Subscriber

Lag with WinEQ2 vs WinEQ1

Post by Maelya » Sun Nov 28, 2004 12:38 pm

Original Post: http://www.lavishsoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1152

I updated my video drivers like you recommended and loaded up WinEQ2 excited and hoping it would work well. Lag was again bad, and i was in a zone alone, albeit a laggy zone. I worked with it, as it wasn't as bad as I noticed before, but again shortly after started playing, one window randomly crashed. I closed it down after that and went back to WinEQ1 and had no lag and didn't crash again for the next 10 or so hours, even when zoning often.

I have the memory indicator off like you recommended, but don't know how to turn off the overlay memory warnings. They say they're off but they were still coming on.

Oh yeah one more thing I noticed when switching back and forth from WinEQ 1 to 2 and back is that my logins for each respective hotkey were switched. I checked the options for both and both are exactly the same, my first window set to F7, eqclient.ini and second window set to F8, eqclient2.ini. But when I log into WinEQ2, it has my login for my second window in my F7 window, and vice versa on my F8. Tried switching hot keys, tried switching the ini, and neither worked. When I logged in correctly, then crashed and switched back to WinEQ1, the logins were switched there as well. Not sure whats going on with that, and I know that most people don't switch back and forth so it shouldn't really be an issue, but it gets annoying when I am constantly testing WinEQ2 to see if I can play with it yet hehe.

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Sun Nov 28, 2004 1:01 pm

I'm doing some massive changes, but it may be a week or two. I'll keep you posted when we get a little more finished