Logging on problems

WinEQ 2.0 Pro discussion and support

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

Upshot
GamingTools Subscriber

Logging on problems

Post by Upshot » Fri Sep 16, 2005 5:07 pm

:cry: :cry: Can't log onto Lavish server for everquest any ides why not please?

Says the server is inacessible or high lag??

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Fri Sep 16, 2005 5:14 pm

Just try it again and you wont have any problems

There's some intermittent connection issues right now, and I'm not sure at this point if it's internet routing or something on the server. If you can connect to this web site, you can connect to play :)

Upshot
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by Upshot » Fri Sep 16, 2005 5:21 pm

Did a system restore and it worked fine. Logged on no problems but obviously can't get into game as I dont have the latest patch. When I try and patch the EQ directory I can no longer log onto the website and if I try and log on using just the EQ icon I get error timeout occurred. Any ideas please?

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Fri Sep 16, 2005 5:24 pm

When I try and patch the EQ directory I can no longer log onto the website and if I try and log on using just the EQ icon I get error timeout occurred
So you cant connect to Sony's servers to patch?
Any ideas please?
This is really sounding like internet routing issues. Theo nly thing you can do is keep trying, and/or wait it out

Upshot
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by Upshot » Fri Sep 16, 2005 5:34 pm

No i can connect and patch fine. but after the patch it prevents my logging onto your server and Eq server's.

Pre patch I can log in but obviously with old files can't access the game. No connection problem?

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Fri Sep 16, 2005 5:47 pm

I'm not understanding what you're saying. If you can connect and patch fine, why do you have old files?

Upshot
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by Upshot » Fri Sep 16, 2005 5:55 pm

Ok Hun i will try and explain.

I was playing (2 Boxing) EQ this morning without any problems. Then the server went down for a patch.

After the patch I can no longer log into EQ either via WinEQ 2.12 or via the EQ normal login in.

I did a system restore and tried the old version (pre patch) to see if I could log in and I did.

Therefore whatever is in the patch has prevented me for logging on.

In summary I can get the new files but cant log in??

I have contacted Sony Live and have just had this conversation with them:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please disable anti-virus, all firewalls, pop up blocker and spyware then try again to login.
Adrian: Humm been playing for a while now. Don't like the idea of no antivirus running but I will turn it all off and try. Hope I dont get a virus!!!!!
Adrian: Ok all turned off trying it now
TSR Sam K.: Please enable them back when you are playing the game.
Adrian: file scan complete no updated files
Adrian: clicked accept on 1st page now pressing login button
Adrian: Ok got passed the timeout error trying to log into the server now
TSR Sam K.: Is there anything else I can assist you with today?
Adrian: Ok got a toon logged in?????????? Why has this happened now please nad will I need to do this all the time?
TSR Sam K.: Yes
Adrian: Lol do you know why? it has been ok for over a year with the programs running
TSR Sam K.: Because every patch makes changes with .exe files so your firewall doesn't allow that file to pass through because it thinks it is virus.
Adrian: OK thanks for your help. But just for your info never had to do this b4 despite all the patches in the last year
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I can now log in by disabling all my antivirus and firewall. Hope this helps other players.

Thanks very much for your prompt replies