Not accepting my name and password

WinEQ 2.0 Pro discussion and support

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

Anders
GamingTools Subscriber

Not accepting my name and password

Post by Anders » Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:05 pm

Not sure why, but not getting my computer to login correctly. Seems to have started with the latest EQ2 patch. I even changed my password to see if this would correct the issue. I am still getting the same result with "Could not verify Lavish Software account information (-12)". I'm going to try and redo the EQ2 patch and see if this corrects the problem. Anyone else having this problem?

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:20 pm

Odd. This error is indicating that our software could not initialize its networking component. If it happens to more than just you, then I would start by assuming it's obviously a bug in my code, but if it's just you, then I have to start by assuming it's a bug on your system ;) Particularly if this just started recently, without a WinEQ 2 patch.

Is this when you launch WinEQ 2 itself, or when you launch EQ2? It sounds like EQ2, but if it were WinEQ 2 itself, I would say check your firewall settings to make sure WinEQ 2 isn't blocked from outgoing connections.

Past that, I can't really imagine what's causing the problem. Just the usual, make sure Windows has updates, etc.