Taking a Screenshot

General discussions

Moderator: Lavish Software Team

Sennaae
GamingTools Subscriber

Taking a Screenshot

Post by Sennaae » Wed Jan 05, 2005 5:19 pm

I have WinEQ 2.0 Lite, can I take screenshots using this? It says ingame that I've taken a pic but when I check my screenshots folder there's nothing in it. Do they go to a different place or what?

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Wed Jan 05, 2005 6:23 pm

Screenshots work fine and WinEQ doesn't change the location of the screenshot taken. In fact, WinEQ has no knowledge a screenshot being taken or where they're stored. Perhaps you're looking in the wrong place? hmm

Sennaae
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by Sennaae » Tue Jan 11, 2005 6:27 pm

Looking in the same place, just isn't working. Ran a search for all jpeg and gif but still can't find will try my 2nd puter see if it's just me or an eq thing. Ty tho for the info, just wanted to cover all my bases =)

eqshaman
Non-Subscriber

Post by eqshaman » Tue Jan 11, 2005 6:38 pm

Unless it's changed, does'nt EQ take screenshots in BMP format - they should be in the c:\Program Files\EverQuest\Screenshots subdirectory, please note that later installations of EQ put that in c:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest\Screenshots.

The BMP format would explain why you found no files searching for JPG or GIF.

EQShaman

don'tdoit
Non-Subscriber

Post by don'tdoit » Wed Jan 12, 2005 10:22 am

all true, but it should also be mentioned that both the format of the screenshots and their initial location can be changed in the eqclient.ini.

jimjohnson
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by jimjohnson » Wed Jan 12, 2005 12:54 pm

dont see were you can change your location in the eqclient.ini or the format. it defaults as bmp and you have to use an editor to change it. All you can do in eqclient.ini is change the number its going to call it

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Wed Jan 12, 2005 6:23 pm

You CAN change it to JPG at the very least. They added that option a couple years ago.
ScreenshotType=XXX Where XXX can be one of the following format: BMP, JPG, TGA, DDS, PNG. If this is missing the default will be BMP, all screenshots are saved in the Screenshot folder.
google search for "ScreenshotType eqclient.ini", this page: http://www.onlinegamecommands.com/everq ... client.htm