System ram for running 3 tiled and MQ2

General discussions

Moderator: Lavish Software Team

Naelda
Non-Subscriber

System ram for running 3 tiled and MQ2

Post by Naelda » Tue Nov 09, 2004 7:03 am

Would like to set up this so I can run half-height main window on top and then two quarter windows on bottom. According to your other posts that will take 900MB ram.

Now adding MacroQuest2 to run the two on the lower part of screen. Not sure how ill get this working but hopefully the MQ2 board is nice like this one and has lots of good info on it.

Was just looking to see what you think as far as how much ram I should set up in this machine to run it well.

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Tue Nov 09, 2004 12:35 pm

900MB bare minimum, but that's just to get them started. EQ will take more RAM as you play the game. I would suggest at least 1.5GB to be safe and still be able to use your computer..

Chill
Non-Subscriber

Post by Chill » Tue Nov 09, 2004 2:12 pm

1GB is barely running 2 toons for me with as much background stuff as I could find off, and all performance settings cranked down.

I would honestly suggest 2GB+ to run 3 toons, if you want to have anything else open or crank up your graphics at all.

Chill
Non-Subscriber

Post by Chill » Tue Nov 09, 2004 2:12 pm

Chill wrote:1GB is barely running 2 toons for me with as much background stuff as I could find off, and all performance settings cranked down to their lowest settings.

I would honestly suggest 2GB+ to run 3 toons, if you want to have anything else open or crank up your graphics at all.

Naelda
Non-Subscriber

Post by Naelda » Wed Nov 10, 2004 4:50 am

ok this one I wanted to make sure of you didnt meantion how much MQ2 might use so if you say 1.5gig for the 3 sessions of EQ then ill go ahead and make it 2gig to make sure i have room for the MQ2 to do its thing.

If I am making a bad assumption please let me know.

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Wed Nov 10, 2004 11:19 am

MQ2 doesn't use a whole lot, but I could see it using maybe 20mb a session if using a lot of stuff. My suggestion is at the very least 1.5GB, 2.0GB would be excellent

Quaff7699
Non-Subscriber

Post by Quaff7699 » Thu Nov 18, 2004 8:54 am

Well I have 1Gig Ram and I keep getting client crash when I go to switch windows. Everything runs fine, slow but fine, until I go to switch to the other window. then everything crashes. Do i have something set up wrong? Also, is there just a way of hitting one or two keys in combo and having it switch to the other window? the Scroll lock on my PC is under a function so I have to hit two keys to get mouse freed up. Maybe I just need a new keyboard.
P P G
U U I
F F V
F F E

TheChief
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by TheChief » Sat Dec 11, 2004 8:15 pm

All you should need to do is switch the hotkey in the preferences section to change the cursor release button.

I changed mine to Ctrl+Z, which is the generic windows "undo" function, which I've already mapped for my middle mouse button keypress.

TheChief

Bombadil
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by Bombadil » Mon Dec 13, 2004 3:07 am

Quaff7699 wrote:Well I have 1Gig Ram and I keep getting client crash when I go to switch windows. Everything runs fine, slow but fine, until I go to switch to the other window. then everything crashes. Do i have something set up wrong? Also, is there just a way of hitting one or two keys in combo and having it switch to the other window? the Scroll lock on my PC is under a function so I have to hit two keys to get mouse freed up. Maybe I just need a new keyboard.
If you are just playing EQ, then use WinEQ 1.38 till InnerSpace goes to Release.