WinEQ 2.0 Win98/ME Support

Announcements from the Lavish Software team
Lax
Owner

WinEQ 2.0 Win98/ME Support

Post by Lax » Sun Oct 24, 2004 6:00 pm

It looks as though Win98/ME support might be dropped for WinEQ 2.0 due to some issues with its architecture. This shouldn't affect many EQ multiboxers since Win98/ME do not support enough memory to multibox very well, but we are well aware that we have customers using Win98/ME still. To this effect, WinEQ 1.38 will live on without automatically upgrading to WinEQ 2.0, since 1.38 will always support those versions of Windows, but updates to WinEQ 1.38 will be somewhat limited. EQPlayNice is not affected and will continue as always (Fury will also not be affected).

We simply could not continue to work within the requirements of Windows 98/ME and still make further improvements to WinEQ. I apologize to users of these older versions of Windows. I highly recommend Windows XP for multiboxing, as Windows 98 and ME are very outdated. We tried very hard to keep Win98/ME support, but current indications from WinEQ 2.0 beta show that we will not be able to do so.

The problem has to do with memory -- first, older versions of Windows do not support enough RAM, and second, they do not have separate memory spaces for applications. These are very important for the development of WinEQ and in the future for the development of Inner Space.