This seems to be unclear to some people

Announcements from the Lavish Software team
Lax
Owner

This seems to be unclear to some people

Post by Lax » Wed Jul 14, 2004 11:57 am

EQPlayNice and WinEQ are now commercial products. There are free features, and subscriber features. You do not need to purchase a subscription simply to use the software. The people subscribing help keep EQPlayNice free for those that do not wish to subscribe. The free version performs exactly the way it did for 4 months, before the rendering limiting feature was introduced 2 months ago.

Before flaming, take a moment to realize that EQPlayNice has been available for several months for absolutely free. Tens of thousands of people download ed EQPlayNice each patch, fully expecting me to update the software for them at no charge. Each patch, I asked for donations to support the project, and some people did say their thanks. The vast majority did not. Considering that I have not played EverQuest since 2003, I shouldn't have to update software for EverQuest for tens of thousands of people to use for free. Talk about abusing someone.

Also realize that the subscription also covers WinEQ, and the MMOTools product suite is being expanded to include Fury (do some reading) and will also include other software covering other MMOs such as World of Warcraft or EverQuest 2.

It is my opinion, and the opinion of many others, that the software and service you receive here is very reasonably priced. Furthermore, subscribers let me keep my dignity while still providing the freeloaders with adequate software. Have fun :)