Rendering Issue

Discussion of Inner Space

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

Melkore
GamingTools Subscriber

Rendering Issue

Post by Melkore » Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:55 pm

Currently I an unable to render any text. It happens in the command box and when I load any of my extentions. I am able to type into the command line, some times I can see it and other time not. when I load an extension I'll get the skins and buttons but no text. The function of each button works, just no text.

A little over a month ago I lost my gtx 760 and replaced it with a gtx 970. The problem started intermittently while I had no card. Then when I put in the new gtx 970 it became constant. I have deleted and reinstalled everything I can think of, the graphics driver, c++ visualization, lavish and all my extensions. I checked to make sure that directX and .net were up to date. I am not sure what exactly this program used so I figured I'd look at all the ones I could think of.

I was on windows 7 Pro when this began. I have since tried updating to win 10 pro to hopefully fix what ever driver is bad/wrong. To no avail.

the basics of my setup are:
Intel i7 3.5 4770k
EVGA GTX 970 W/ 4gigs
MSI Z87-GD65 gaming board
Was Windows 7 Pro spk 1 now Windows 10 Pro

Melkore
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by Melkore » Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:38 pm

I apparently I did something wrong when I tried to post the picture. I followed the syntax that pops up when you hover over the button. If someone could clue me in that'd be great.

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:40 pm

I apparently I did something wrong when I tried to post the picture. I followed the syntax that pops up when you hover over the button. If someone could clue me in that'd be great.
You did the image right. I disabled image links many years ago to deal with forum spam bots. I could re-enable it now since those bots are mitigated other ways these days.

Anyway, I have to disagree that you're unable to render any text. In the top left corner, LavishGUI is rendering text. So based on that alone I think you started out looking in the wrong direction.

I would guess that perhaps the Font (in Windows) used by the GUI you're loading (or an extension is loading, same difference) is either not installed on your system or is somehow corrupted or otherwise unusual. I would find out what Font is being used, and see if it is missing or something else is wrong with it.

Melkore
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by Melkore » Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:17 pm

Yes you are right that is the only text that successfully loads every time. the text in the blue command prompt and the text in all of the extensions are missing. and whether or not I can see the text that I type into the command line is iffy. If I can't see what I am typing it just looks like the cursor stays in one spot. It doesn't move as if I am typing invisible text.

Is the text in the lavishGUI command prompt the same as the text from the mem gauge and such? Or is the text in the command prompt decided by the extensions that I have loaded? I have deleted and reinstalled everything at least three times. ( I am about to format the whole damn thing and start again) Wouldn't I get the correct font package upon reinstalling said programs? If lavish controls the fonts in the command prompt can you provide a list of fonts to check for? or what else could I be looking for.

Or am I completely misunderstanding the relationship between lavish and the extensions. Does the extension create everything in the UI including the command prompt. this pic is me just right clicking on lavish and loading into eq2 no extensions loaded and I have no text.

One last thought. Upon a rare occasion I will load in and have text in the command prompt then when I zone from one area in eq2 to another I lose the text again.

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:22 am

Wouldn't I get the correct font package upon reinstalling said programs?

If lavish controls the fonts in the command prompt can you provide a list of fonts to check for? or what else could I be looking for.
LavishGUI will render any font installed in Windows, and Inner Space does not install any fonts. A GUI specifies what font it wants to use, and my code then uses Microsoft-provided API to render the Windows Font. This is why I suggested finding out what font the custom GUI uses, and to check that specific font; that is the only way to know for sure.
Is the text in the lavishGUI command prompt the same as the text from the mem gauge and such? Or is the text in the command prompt decided by the extensions that I have loaded?
I know nothing about the extensions you have loaded. Extensions can change just about anything they want regarding the GUI. It's also possible one of your extensions is breaking things on accident. If you don't get the same issues without loading the extensions, then I'd say that is likely the case.
I have deleted and reinstalled everything at least three times. ( I am about to format the whole damn thing and start again)
If it's not caused by the extensions, that will probably work

The fact that text shows sometimes and not others does seem to indicate that it is not specifically a font issue. That and the HUD font (showing in screenshot 1) should be the same as the Console font (not showingi n screenshot 2) -- but I have no idea what font your custom GUI uses; it can use any font installed in Windows. If it's not caused by an extension, it might be related to a video setting (I don't know specifically where to begin looking, but it could be an in-game setting or a setting in GeForce Experience or something)