Wineq2 system tray icon will not appear/not initializing

WinEQ 2.0 Lite discussion

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

mikeverrier1
Non-Subscriber

Wineq2 system tray icon will not appear/not initializing

Post by mikeverrier1 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:05 pm

This is the first time I have experienced this issue. The program worked fine for several months without any change in computer settings.

I am using Windows XP so there is no "run as administrator" option, and I am using an admin account already.

I am using wired internet, not sure what other info to provide so please say if there is something that needs to be known.

-

When I click Wineq2, it does not initialize or show any loading progress bar, and it does not appear in the system tray.

It shows up in task manager but does not do anything.

I tried waiting for an hour, it does not load.
Restarted the comp several times, tried full reinstall of Wineq2, nothing appears to work.

Is there a way to bypass the system tray icon?

Thanks

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:08 pm

... nope.

Did you recently install security software like a firewall that might be blocking WinEQ 2? You can try disabling your firewall and see if that helps.

mikeverrier1
Non-Subscriber

Post by mikeverrier1 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:15 pm

No addition of software or change of settings whatsoever since last play, yesterday.

I left the computer on and went to sleep. a power outage occurred during the night and the computer became off without proper shut down

I don't actually think that's related to WinEq2 not initializing though. The computer has been properly restarted since then.

Regardless, after that, it won't start.

mikeverrier1
Non-Subscriber

Post by mikeverrier1 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:37 am

This seems to have been fixed.

After connecting through an American proxy (I am in Indonesia), it connected and now will connect without said proxy.

Thanks for looking.