Newbie questions

Discussion of Inner Space

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

Ithilnor
GamingTools Subscriber

Newbie questions

Post by Ithilnor » Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:54 pm

Hello, i just started using innerspace for lotro.

Just a few newbie questions on setup.
I plan on playing 6 lotro characters on 6 computers, could anyone point me to some tutorial on how to link computers on the network with IS please ? i did read the wiki, but i can t find anything about network setup.

I play on euro server for lotro and my game is not in english, the game is not detected automaticaly, i added the game manually, seems ok and it launch with the fps and ressource panel. Will this be a problem for using lotro profil ?

Last thing, in lotro launched with innerspace menu, the mouse pointer does not seems to fit his actual position? seems the real cursor is a bit lower than where he is shown. Is this normal ?

Thanks you for your help.
Best regards.

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:00 pm

Go to ISBoxer.com and on the left-hand side is "Latest Guides". The one on top atm is "Using Multiple Computers"

There's also a "Troubleshooting Lord of the Rings Online with ISBoxer" directly below it.
I play on euro server for lotro and my game is not in english, the game is not detected automaticaly, i added the game manually, seems ok and it launch with the fps and ressource panel. Will this be a problem for using lotro profil ?
No, this is fine
Last thing, in lotro launched with innerspace menu, the mouse pointer does not seems to fit his actual position? seems the real cursor is a bit lower than where he is shown. Is this normal ?
I'll have to do some more testing to find out what the problem is on this one. What version of Windows are you on? When you launch it through ISBoxer it should work fine though..

Ithilnor
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by Ithilnor » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:19 am

Thanks you for the information.

For the mouse pointer, it is a windows vista pro 32 computer, when i launch it normaly without is, the pointer is fine. When i use is menu to launch a single session, the pointer is lower than he look when the game is in windowed mode as it was before i install IS (i did choose screen resolution with isboxer wizard, tryed several and all have same problem)

Best regards

eqjoe
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by eqjoe » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:30 am

I would run all my sessions in the same mode and resolution.

Ithilnor
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by Ithilnor » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:32 am

Hello,

I did the setup successfully for the 6 computers, for the pointer i did not have the problem again, but i used a different resolution, so i could use the same on all slaves, and i also switched the graphic that was crashing far too often (was a 8800 gts) to a professional one (quadro fx 3700) so they are also the same on all slaves, hard to find what was the problem after all these changes.

It is working wonders and i now level up my lotro mixed class team :) nearly as easy as if i was only playing one character.

Thanks you for this great software !
Best regards.