Running EQ1 from 2 different folders

Discussion of Inner Space

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

proprich
GamingTools Subscriber

Running EQ1 from 2 different folders

Post by proprich » Mon May 18, 2009 5:19 pm

I'm running 4 toons and I'd like to run the three non-main toons from a seperate folder so that I can change the configuration to turn off sound, mip mapper, etc. I made a seperate folder and tried to 'add game' in innerspace. I called the new game Everquest1, the only problem I'm having is that I don't get the load with no patch option and then the process comes to a halt after loadng in the first back-up toon. Also mapped the 3 toons using the isobox toolset to the new everquest.exe.

Other than this little problem the software is working great. Thanks.

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Mon May 18, 2009 6:22 pm

You don't need to use multiple folders.

Add a Virtual File in ISBoxer, named "eqclient.ini". Add each of your Characters to it, and select each one under the Virtual File. Set the "Virtualize as" filename to a different name per Character (or per Account, or however you want to do it -- multiple Characters can use the same one), e.g. eqclient-MyCharacter.ini.

Then you can have different settings for each one without multiple folders. To have each one store its account name separately, do the same thing, but for eqlsPlayerData.ini.

proprich
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by proprich » Mon May 18, 2009 7:31 pm

I created the virtual files and they worked great for controlling the options inside the game but there is a file called 'OptionsEditor' in the eq folder that lets me disable sound and more. I wanted to disable everything in this editor for the 3 backup toons. sadly 4 toons in EQ are taxing my system to the edge, strnage since I can run 5 WOW toons without much trouble. Thanks for the help :).

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Mon May 18, 2009 7:53 pm

The external options editor can be launched by hitting Options at the in-game login screen and the virtual file should apply from there. Otherwise, you can edit the eqclient.ini files directly to set any of the options the options editor is changing :)

proprich
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by proprich » Mon May 18, 2009 8:11 pm

That was the first thing I tried :). I got a 2 messages.

1) - Inner Space unable to initialize the session. I then hit the Ok button and got the 2nd message

2) Please wait while the options editor launches in an external application.

I waited about 15 minutes and it never came up.

proprich
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by proprich » Mon May 18, 2009 8:16 pm

Hmm, just noticed your comment on manually changing the eqclient.ini file :) I'll try that, thanks :)

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Mon May 18, 2009 8:28 pm

proprich wrote:That was the first thing I tried :). I got a 2 messages.

1) - Inner Space unable to initialize the session. I then hit the Ok button and got the 2nd message

2) Please wait while the options editor launches in an external application.

I waited about 15 minutes and it never came up.
I'll have to look into that, thanks for the mention

proprich
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by proprich » Mon May 18, 2009 9:10 pm

I manually edited the ini files and it worked like a champ, wish i could say the same for my comp. its playable I guess. thanks for the help!

theycallmelumpy
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by theycallmelumpy » Tue May 19, 2009 6:59 am

i did ti the long way myself. I made a few sets of ini files. I ran option editor turned pretty muche all models and fluff off etc, saved that as one set, made anotehr set all max settings, etc. then i took the files that were appropriate for the setting i wanted for those sessions and made copies based on the toon/account name i wanted to use each one for so all my other settings stayed the way i want on each account as well.