question regarding multiple monitors.

WinEQ 2.0 Lite discussion

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

krazyk
GamingTools Subscriber

question regarding multiple monitors.

Post by krazyk » Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:17 pm

Ok this might be a noob question, as I have never used wineq, but what I am wondering is this. Will the updated version work with more than 2 monitors?

For example if I were to get 2 video cards and 4 monitors. Can I use the tile mode to display EQ on all 4 monitors instead of tiling it on just one screen where they will be too small to be useful?

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:27 pm

Tiling works on a per-monitor basis. This is because you can't always drag a 3D-rendered game window to another monitor, and still have it hardware rendered. What you CAN do with 4 monitors with WinEQ 2 Pro (as opposed to the free Lite version, WinEQ 2 Pro requires a paid subscription) is select a monitor for each WinEQ 2 Profile. So, for example, you can make 3 new profiles, one for each additional monitor (the default profile could be used for the main display), and with WinEQ 2 Pro, you can select the monitor for the session, options being Primary, Secondary, Third and Fourth. And each of them could be in full screen emulation mode, giving you 4 separate full screen displays, just as if they were "tiled".

In other words, the answer to your question is basically yes you can have exactly that functionality, just without tiled mode. :)

krazyk
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by krazyk » Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:51 pm

Awesome. I guess I didn't use the right terminology (being a noob and all), but you answered the question I was trying to ask. I will be upgrading to the pro version as soon as I get paid. Thanks again for answering my question I appreciate it.