Input Director - WinEQ 2.0

WinEQ 2.0 Lite discussion

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

iluvseq
Non-Subscriber

Input Director - WinEQ 2.0

Post by iluvseq » Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:49 am

When using Input Director as a virtual KVM to control two PCs, both running EverQuest within WinEQ 2.0, any mouse click events / mouselook / scroll wheel is capture on the master when issued on the slave.

According to Input Director, this is because both Input Director and games latch into the mouse events the same way, and so Input Director cannot prevent the game from seeing these events on the master even when redirecting to the slave.

Given that WinEQ2 and InnerSpace also latch into mouse events and process them prior to handing them off to the game, is there a way to resolve this issue?

I've tested with WinEQ2 and it doesn't prevent the master from capturing the events on the slave. However, I believe that InnerSpace may do things differently. Does it have the same issue? I'd rather not pay $15 just to do a 30 second test, however, if InnerSpace solves the problem, I'll happily renew my subscription.

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:03 pm

I've added a few days for you to try it out.

It is common to use Input Director in conjunction with ISBoxer (which configures Inner Space for multiboxing). Do recommend. :)

iluvseq
Non-Subscriber

Post by iluvseq » Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:16 pm

I appreciate you giving me some time to test InnerSpace.

Sadly, it doesn't resolve the problem. Using Input Director and InnerSpace, mouse actions on the slave are still mirrored on the master.

Also, unrelated... When I run Everquest via InnerSpace and connect to the Phinegal server, I am disconnected after a few seconds. I assume their anti-boxing code is detecting IS and kicking me. :(

The "best" solution I've found is to use WinEQ2 + Synergy. With that setup, mouse actions are not mirrored. However, mouselook on the slave is extra sensitive. That is resolved by using "scroll lock" to lock the mouse to the slave, but it's an extra hotkey to press when switching back and forth that I don't like.

Of course, my ultimate plan was to use ISBoxer and the extra keys on me G510 to control characters on the master/slave via InnerSpace's remote uplink feature. However, if DBG is disconnecting me due to simply using InnerSpace, I don't see that working out very well :(

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:27 am

Sadly, it doesn't resolve the problem. Using Input Director and InnerSpace, mouse actions on the slave are still mirrored on the master.
This does not generally come up as an issue with ID + ISBoxer, and a lot of people use ID with it. If you have ID in some special mode to try with WinEQ 2, then that might need to be disabled.

Can't help you with their no-box server though. We have to respect their rules or they won't respect us back.

iluvseq
Non-Subscriber

Post by iluvseq » Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:36 am

Completely understandable. My plan has always been to play by the rules (using two PCs to box) but I hadn't realized they were blocking IS all together :)