Help please

Discussion of Inner Space

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

Nicholas1
GamingTools Subscriber

Help please

Post by Nicholas1 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:02 pm

I have downloaded Innerspace to my desktop. It says it downloaded correctly, and the icons are on my desktop. (not on the taskbar like the website says.) But when I click on it and run the program it opens a window like its downloading and stays like that for a minute or so. It seems to download a fair deal then closes. Right before my security system tells me that a file in it- SONAR.Heuristic.120 - which is a trojan virus was blocked and removed. Is there a way around this? I would really like to use this software. But not if it's gonna try and send me a damn virus. Thanks.

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:16 pm

Hello!

This is a fairly common question from people who don't know what their AntiVirus is trying to tell them.

It's not a trojan or a virus. It's telling you that it thinks that Inner Space is behaving suspiciously, based on a heuristic scan (and this is almost purely because Inner Space is not currently digitally signed). A heuristic scan is one that isn't perfect but can be right some of the time. This is why they give you a message with information about it, and you -- the person operating the AV software -- are supposed to be able to make the decision as to whether to believe your AV, or the software vendor. Your security is still in your own hands.

Any time you have a suspicious file, you should take it online to something like virustotal (https://www.virustotal.com/), which will scan with dozens of scanners and not just your system, so that you can perhaps be better informed about whether it is a false positive detection or not.

To get around the issue with your antivirus, you should either temporarily disable your antivirus software so that Inner Space can be installed and patched without interference, or add an exception to it.