WinEQ2 Issues with WinEQ2-D3D8.dll

WinEQ 2.0 Pro discussion and support

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

joethemaster
GamingTools Subscriber

WinEQ2 Issues with WinEQ2-D3D8.dll

Post by joethemaster » Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:55 am

Yesterday I started getting a warning from my anti-virus when I launched WinEQ2 from the WinEQ2-D3D8.dll with the Infection being listed as "Win32:Evo-gen[Susp]". In addition, WinEQ2 would not launch (not because of the blocking by my antivirus) as it just kept attempting to download _WinEQ2-D3D8.dll over and over again until the Lavish Software login window popped up (after about a minute). Eventually I was able to get in to WinEQ2. Today I have been unsuccessful in my attempts to login on one of my computers.

Because I could not launch WinEQ2, I attempted to download the WinEQ2 install software again in hopes that a fresh install would correct the issue. I went to the lavishsoft website and attempted to download the WinEQ2 launcher and received a "The connection was reset" screen from www.lavishsoft.com/downloads/Lavish.WinEQ.2.15.exe (I also received another warning box, but cannot duplicate it currently). At this point I went to my computer that is running ISBoxer (since I have not had any issues with that software or computer) and attempted to download the launcher and received this following error:

Infection Blocked
URL: http://www.lavishsoft.com/downloads/Lavish.WinEQ.2.1...
Infection: Win32:Evo-gen [Susp]
Relax, your avast! just saved you from a virus.

Hopefully this is not a virus, but since I have not seen anything on your forums I wanted to make sure you were aware. I will also be posting this to your forums in hopes that the community may have a resolution (or save someone else the frustration I am currently going through).

Thank you,
WinEQ2 Pro & ISBoxer User