EQMac for pc

WinEQ 2.0 Lite discussion

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

civenge
GamingTools Subscriber

EQMac for pc

Post by civenge » Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:47 am

Is there a way to get wineq2 to run on EQMac for PC? Every time I launch the game, it tries to load full screen then crashes with a memory error. It launches fine via eqw in a windowed mode, but being eqw locks you in the window and alt-tab trying to multi box is not a good option.

Just to clarify, I am on windows 7 on a PC, just trying to get this to work so I can play on the Al'Kabor server.

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:37 pm

EQMac is running a version of EverQuest that is too old to be used with the current version of WinEQ 2, or ISBoxer for that matter.

It's not EQW locking you into the window, it's EQ -- this version of EverQuest comes before they changed to using the hardware cursor! :( This means that the cursor you see in the game is not the same as the Windows cursor (thus the requirement of a Hotkey to capture or release the Windows cursor). Even if I were to get it working under ISBoxer, using mouse broadcasting would be unreliable without constantly dragging the mouse into a corner (to get the cursors in the same place in each window) or using hacks.

WinEQ 1.38 could potentially work with it (including the capture/release hotkey), but it's not quite the same as WinEQ 2.
http://www.lavishsoft.com/downloads/Lav ... Q.1.38.exe

civenge
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by civenge » Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:24 pm

Thanks, I'll give that a shot. I'm hoping it may also solve the memory issue/crash when launching the game. I just want to be able to quickly switch to any of 6 characters just by clicking in that window, or hitting a hot key.

As to the old eq client, eq locked at PoP is awesome. One of my favorite expansions. After that it just seems like they added too much grinding without much innovation..

civenge
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by civenge » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:43 pm

:( Doesn't work. It launches the game to a solid black full screen, flickers a few times, then closes. No memory error or anything, just closes.

ironmaiden
Non-Subscriber

Post by ironmaiden » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:57 am

If lax gets either wineq 1 or 2 working for eqmac on pc let me know I'll sub for a year+. EQW is driving me insane with how buggy it is on not releasing the mouse in win7.

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:44 am

Have you tried EQLindows? It is a 100% free clone of EQWindows, but updated. Written and distributed by me.

ironmaiden
Non-Subscriber

Post by ironmaiden » Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:33 pm

I tried it recently but I get and error that just says "CreateWindowEx failed!". From what I remember EQLindows didn't function on vista/win7 though right? So might be a solution for WinXP users.

theforbidden112
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by theforbidden112 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:22 am

Lax wrote:Have you tried EQLindows? It is a 100% free clone of EQWindows, but updated. Written and distributed by me.

hi Lax, how are you and happy new year. This is Alexander here. I am having alot of trouble getting Innerspace and Isboxer to work. I am not really a computer wizz and I really would like it if you can help me. I already have a subscription with it but havent been able to use it yet, Thanks.

Trigger
Non-Subscriber

Post by Trigger » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:41 am

i would also happily pay for a subscription if there was something other than EQW 2.32 to use

i constantly get stuck keys, and as a result get characters moving forward or spinning around, and pressing the ESC key (losing target, closing bags, closing trade windows) etc

i dont need advanced functionality, just something that will run EQMac in a Window - so either WinEQ v1.x or EQLindows , or anything...

please help