Window Tiling

WinEQ 2.0 Pro discussion and support

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

trakster17
GamingTools Subscriber

Window Tiling

Post by trakster17 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:25 pm

Afternoon, does wineq2 have to run at a certain screen resolution to function "correctly?" I am running a monitor on 1920X1080 (the recommended resolution) and when I tile 2+ windows they do not tile correctly. Instead, one window will go active and enlarge while the other shrinks and goes into inactive. This didn't happen with my prior monitor so I'm wondering what's up.

Oh, and also, can a brother get a patch to fix the software to work for the latest update? It's been almost a week and nothing....

Thanks in advance.

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:56 am

Afternoon, does wineq2 have to run at a certain screen resolution to function "correctly?"
No
I am running a monitor on 1920X1080 (the recommended resolution) and when I tile 2+ windows they do not tile correctly. Instead, one window will go active and enlarge while the other shrinks and goes into inactive. This didn't happen with my prior monitor so I'm wondering what's up.
Change the tiling scale option? By default it's set to 0.6 size for the active window and 0.5 for inactive windows. So you might be seeing the default behavior. If you don't want it larger, change the 0.6 in your WinEQ 2 Profile to 0.5
Oh, and also, can a brother get a patch to fix the software to work for the latest update? It's been almost a week and nothing....
What needs to be updated?

trakster17
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by trakster17 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:48 am

Thanks for responding Lax. I was unaware of the window scaling settings and its working like a charm now. Thanks!

In regards to my 2nd question, I am unable to set the window tiling etc. from just right clicking the top of the instance border. I had previously noticed that this happens after a patch. If it's not a WinEQ2 issue then what could it be? It was working fine (minus the above issue you resolved) before last Wednesday's patch.

trakster17
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by trakster17 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:44 pm

After perusing some other threads (particularly this one http://www.lavishsoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5070) I have come to the conclusion that my issues are the same. So, does this mean that WinEQ2 is dead in the water? Should we all move over to ISOboxer or are there plans to make this software functional with the new patcher?

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:09 am

If the patcher is an issue, disable WinEQ's use of the patcher in your WinEQ 2 profile (by setting the Patch option to OFF) and it will have absolutely no effect whatsoever...

trakster17
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by trakster17 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:54 am

Lax wrote:If the patcher is an issue, disable WinEQ's use of the patcher in your WinEQ 2 profile (by setting the Patch option to OFF) and it will have absolutely no effect whatsoever...
From the previous thread i linked (and others similar)...
WinEQ2 doesn't seem to work at all with the current launcher scheme. Even if you try to bypass it, turn patcher off etc... it still won't launch, so no fullscreen emulation, tiling.. nothing.[/b]

I checked my my everquest path and it is correct. I have done it w/ patch on and off. When I run WinEQ2 I see the software initialize and go through the motions of loading, however, when I run the shortcut for my profile the window pops up it shows up as a normal LP4 tiled window. I have no options for tiling etc. Any ideas on whats going on?[/b]

trakster17
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by trakster17 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:57 am

Another thread here with what appears to be the exact problem that was never resolved by the poster:

http://www.lavishsoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4856

trakster17
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by trakster17 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:59 am

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:36 am

One of the 2 threads you linked is from April 2011 and the other is from 4 months ago but is completely ambiguous as to the issue (and may have been resolved through another avenue, like email, the chat room, etc). There's no indication that they are remotely related to the issue you are having...

WinEQ 2 definitely still works with EQ1 and EQ2. Took this screenshot just now on a live EQ1 server: http://i.imgur.com/9fwKC.jpg

If the launcher is not running, and WinEQ 2 is not launching the launcher, then the launcher can't have anything to do with it... it may be other software installed on your PC interfering with the normal operation of WinEQ 2.

I'm happy to keep trying to help resolve this issue but we need to find out what is different for you than for me or the other people currently playing the game with WinEQ 2, or this isn't going to get far.