Innerspace Old game question

Discussion of Inner Space

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

Cannyen
GamingTools Subscriber

Innerspace Old game question

Post by Cannyen » Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:42 pm

New to Innerspace with a question:

I'm trying to play the game Underlight, a very old ('96?) game in windowed mode through, and the game has a default to fullscreen.

The only work around I know is with Virtual Machine and a Windows license, but I would rather use Innerspace as VM+Windows is very expensive.

If anyone has any suggestions on how to force a default fullscreen to play windowed, I'd love to hear it.

jonesy
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by jonesy » Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:11 pm

You could try using InnerSpace to load it (actually it would be easier to use ISBoxer to load and control it under InnerSpace).
There are some options that are set to force the game to a window, regardless of whether the game is in fullscreen or not.

Now there are some caveats too. This will only work if you have a DirectX8, or higher, game (but DX8 might be a bit iffy too, DX9 definitely).

If you are referring to http://underlight.com as the game, then you might be out of luck as it would appear from the system requirements that it is a DX7 game. However if it has an option to run in DX8 or DX9 then you would be in luck.

Cannyen
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by Cannyen » Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:30 pm

Tried setting up an ISBoxer quick setup wizard and also tried toggling force windowed.

That is indeed the game. I may be out of luck as you say.