Recent Patch breaks DAOC Support

Discussion of Inner Space

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

JamieW
Non-Subscriber

Recent Patch breaks DAOC Support

Post by JamieW » Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:41 am

I'm not sure which development patch did it, but when I restarted IS today and it patched the development release, DAOC was no longer working.

I started up a character set, and the game went into full screen mode, couldn't get an IS console to show up, and it didn't appear to detect the game launch (so it didn't launch any of the subsequent characters in the set).

I unchecked the development patch toggle, and re-patched back to the last known good release. I changed nothing else, and it worked fine with DAOC as before.

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:49 am

What version of Windows is this on? Just to make sure I test with your particular configuration

The current (new) development build does break a few things, it's a work in progress. Thanks for the report

iluvseq
Non-Subscriber

Post by iluvseq » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:11 am

Windows XP, SP3: Saturday's dev release broke EQ1. Game launches to "EULA" screen. Any mouse movement results in instant crash (submitted a few error reports on Sunday).

Reverted back to stable release, everything works fine.

JamieW
Non-Subscriber

Post by JamieW » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:40 am

Lax wrote:What version of Windows is this on? Just to make sure I test with your particular configuration

The current (new) development build does break a few things, it's a work in progress. Thanks for the report
Oh, sorry.

This is Windows Vista Ultimate x64

JamieW
Non-Subscriber

Post by JamieW » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:29 pm

FYI, still broken.

I dunno if you've done anything to fix it yet or not. But I'm concerned that you may push a new non-development release soon and then I can't even revert to the old one to continue to use the product.

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:47 am

The reason the development build has not been pushed live yet is I am trying to resolve all major issues before pushing it. The last thing I want to do is forcefully break something that was working for you.

I have had very little time to spend on working on fixing the remaining issues, due to real life constraints. My wife is 9 months pregnant and I'm pretty much left to take care of my 15 month old son most of the day. Any time I sit down to write code or fix things, I am pulled right back up :)

So I apologize for that, but no I do not intend to push the development build live before everything is fixed