Discussion of Inner Space

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

Digitalxero
GamingTools Subscriber

Issues with RoM

Post by Digitalxero » Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:57 am

Thank you for adding support for RoM. Now onto the issues, so far mostly

1) ISBoxer does not seem to work at 1680x1050, it thinks it is 1600x1200

2) The mouse in the main window seems to be using the lower left of the mouse at the active region instead of the upper right. All sub windows mice (when repeater is active) display correctly

3) Modifier keys are not sent from keymaps (eg I have a key map setup, so when I press CTRL+M it sends ALT+- to all clients to activate one of my hotbar actions, all clients only press the - key though, which is a diff hotbar action) The modifier keys work if used via repeater (eg I turn repeater on and hit ALT+-, all clients activate that hotbar)

4) Keybinding to Macros does not seem to be working, this is prob an issue with the ISBoxer Addon I wrote that adds the ability to bind macros, but it works when I manually call the addon code to do so so not sure how to do more testing here

So far thats all I have found

Digitalxero
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by Digitalxero » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:10 am

#2 seems to have fixed itself while I slept, though it may have been something in the RoM patch

Xtremepayne
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by Xtremepayne » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:39 pm

I think I may also have been experiencing the mouse issue as of late my mouse seems to be a little off. both are running 1680 x 1050 on both monitors. Main monitor is a 24 inch acer and the other is a 19 inch acer. In ISBoxer tookit both monitors are set to use 1680 x 1050. on the main monitor the mouse is about 1/2 in off target at most.
Other then that everything is fine and dandy. This for the game Lotro.

Digitalxero
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by Digitalxero » Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:08 pm

5) Every so often RoM loses contact keyboard / mouse. Like if I am running (holding the W key) the toon will just stop until I release and repress the key. Or the Left/Right mouse button will get "stuck" in a clicked state until I double click it

6) running 2 clients via ISBoxer character set causes the sky to render improperly ( http://rom.digitalxero.net/sky_issue.jpg ) when I run 2 individual clients I dont see this issue

7) This may or may not be related to IS, but it happens alot more when running 2 clients via ISBoxer vs running 2 clients individually. My ATI drivers will "recover", when I am running 2 clients individually I see this about once an hour or less. running them via ISBoxer I see it every 10 min or more, often to the point where it BSOD's my computer due to recovering too often and too quickly. I first suspect this was because when I run 2 clients individually I run at 1024x768 and when I was in ISBoxer I had 1 full screen (1680x1050) and the 2nd at 1/4th that on my second monitor. So I reduced my monitor size to 1024x768 on both and setup a new layout where one was full screen on the main and the other was 1/4th size on the second monitor, and I still see the "recovered" issue once every 10 min or so, but only if I am running around, I can sit still forever and it wont happen.

Digitalxero
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by Digitalxero » Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:31 am

Issue #6 & 7 I was able to resolve by downgrading my video card drivers to 7.1.2 instead of 9.4.1

Digitalxero
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by Digitalxero » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:09 pm

#2 rehash with more details. This only happens if I launch my character set mess around and log out, then relaunch the character set without rebooting the comp. It is making the primary window about 20 pixels larger to the right and bottom then it should, but is calculating the mouse position as if it were the proper size (or the game thinks it is still the proper size). This is easiest to notice when you have the main window set to do full screen as it will size it off the edge of the screen

Digitalxero
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by Digitalxero » Mon May 04, 2009 1:50 pm

More details on #2, it seems the recent update to IS to fix a timing issue with resizing the main window resolved this issues, as long as I set the delay long enough to allow each window to resize before another is attempting the same thing.

#5, the mouse issues only seems to happen if I switch windows by clicking one and not using the keyboard to switch focus. They keyboard issue happens regardless so they may or may not be related

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Mon May 04, 2009 3:17 pm

Then for #5 you probably just need to change the "When I click to focus a window" setting in your Window Layout

Digitalxero
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by Digitalxero » Fri May 08, 2009 1:10 pm

changing the "When I click" setting to do nothing worked for fixing the mouse issue. The keyboard issues is alot more rare in build 4998, but it is manageable and not every 30 to 40 seconds now.

So the only "major issue" is getting Macro support like WoW has