Can't type after IS session loses focus

Discussion of Inner Space

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

enneract
GamingTools Subscriber

Can't type after IS session loses focus

Post by enneract » Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:18 am

Hi, I don't see a system to report bugs other than forum post, so here goes~

I'm currently using IS with EVE Online, with ISXEVE, but this problem occurs with or without the extension loaded.

As it stands, any time the IS session switches to or from windowed mode, or loses focus while in windowed mode, the game stops accepting alphanumeric keyboard input. It still accepts hotkeys, (such as F-keys for activating modules), but no chat, no data entry, etc. The IS console still accepts all keystrokes. I have attempted using the 'lock foreground' and 'force window' settings in IS to ameliorate this problem, with no success.

This is a fairly serious problem for me, as if I am running a bot for mining etc, I need to be able to respond to chat querys to avoid being reported by other players.

eqjoe
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by eqjoe » Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:24 pm

What is your native resolution? What is your game resolution? Have you tried using non-windowed (Full Screen) mode?

What else is loaded on your system? Are you absolutely sure that you have nothing else loaded that might interfere with or might also be hooking your keyboard input? (keylogger comes to mind)

-j

enneract
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by enneract » Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:33 pm

1400x1050 is native resolution of the display, as well as what the game is rendering at.

I (obviously) dont have this problem in full screen mode, as in full screen, the window cannot lose focus.

However, I found a workaround, whereby pressing alt after the window regains focus allows keyboard input again.

Just bizaare, though.

enneract
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by enneract » Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:34 pm

If there is an edit button I missed - oops.

But, also, I am 100% sure that there are no keyloggers or unknown keyboard hooks on this machine, as I reformatted the day before I posted initially.

Spaceboy
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by Spaceboy » Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:35 am

ive had a similar problem before, innerspace or a script/ext has locked either control alt or shift, and either left or right. tap those keys and it should unlock your normal alpha keys. The problem usually happens for me when i swap between two different games on two different screens and i cant type in chatboxes anymore