Problems after install

Discussion of Inner Space

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

Highlord
GamingTools Subscriber

Problems after install

Post by Highlord » Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:40 am

Here is a picture, to give a better overview whats wrong

Well, the problem is in short, no games appears, and when I open Innerspace, its only like a big black box.

I have installed WoW and other games which works with Innerspace, as a matter of fact, I had Innerspace installed before, with exactly those games working. (With that I mean that I haven't reinstalled them since then)

I can't even add games by pressing that add game button...

What is wrong? Or is it just me who is doing it wrong?

This is a fresh instalation of Innerspace, do I just need to get some updates or something..?

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:02 am

This happens when InnerSpace.XML is corrupted (there's actually another new post about this same thing). Close Inner Space, delete InnerSpace.XML, and restart it, and it should work fine. Alternatively if you want, you can just delete Inner Space and start with a fresh install.

Highlord
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by Highlord » Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:53 pm

Oh? Well, I completly re-installed twice.. But alrite, will give it another go.

Ok, checked my innerspace folder, I think I found the problem.. That XML file isn't there... But thats the result of deleting it.. So, it should create a new one when I start innerspace?

I think I've found the problem then.. Anyone who wants to share their innerspace.xml with me? ><

Highlord
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by Highlord » Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:09 pm

Sorry for new post, couldn't find the edit button.

I managed to solve it, for some reason, I already had Innerspace installed, so I guess thats why it didn't create a new innerspace.xml.

fearless
Non-Subscriber

Post by fearless » Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:47 pm

When you start Inner Space, if there is not a innerspace.xml file, it will be created from the default template.

Highlord
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by Highlord » Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:48 am

Heh, well, that was the problem. It didn't create one... But then I found out that I for some reason had installed Innerspace before, on another harddrive. When I used that one, it all worked out as it should.

djvj
GamingTools Subscriber

Cabal Online

Post by djvj » Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:25 pm

Cabal Online doesn't work with Lavish. When running the game, it patches then you click Start. If you run the exe via Lavish, the patcher never connects to check for the patch.

http://cabal.ogplanet.com/main.og

djvj
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by djvj » Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:26 pm

Oops wrong topic, sorry.