Black Uplink Screen

Discussion of Inner Space

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

Stratos84
Non-Subscriber

Black Uplink Screen

Post by Stratos84 » Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:02 am

Click InnerSpace... As usual it comes up and drops to taskbar.
Double-Clicking on the icon brings up the uplink and it is a blank, black screen. When starting the game ( Vanguard ) up through it, it opens fine and the game runs, but its like innerspace wasnt on.
No FPS/RAM readouts... Nada.
Any Help?

eqjoe
GamingTools Subscriber

Re: Black Uplink Screen

Post by eqjoe » Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:05 am

Stratos84 wrote:Click InnerSpace... As usual it comes up and drops to taskbar.
Double-Clicking on the icon brings up the uplink and it is a blank, black screen. When starting the game ( Vanguard ) up through it, it opens fine and the game runs, but its like innerspace wasnt on.
No FPS/RAM readouts... Nada.
Any Help?
Of course, the answer is right here in the information that you provide in your post!! The problem is that the fan in your computer is vibrating causing InnerSpace to reverse polarity and repel the code injection.

-j

msboy1
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by msboy1 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:13 pm

I have the same problem from time to time. It is getting more frequent though.

The only way I know to fix it is to re download innerspace and reinstall. You don't have to uninstall. Just run the installer and then run innerspace again like you always do.

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:39 am

This happens when InnerSpace.XML gets corrupted. You can delete the file instead of going through the trouble of running the installer

msboy1
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by msboy1 » Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:43 pm

Ok, I figured out what is causing this for me, but I am not sure why it would happen. This happens after I create a backup.

All I am doing is copying the interface and script folders along with the innerspace.xml and gameconfiguration.xml files to another directory.

When I run innersapce after copying the files, I get the black uplink screen. This happens on all my computers.

I am not sure why copying the file would be corrupting it though. The only weird thing I notice is that something sets my folders to readonly.

Also, I prefer to download the latest innerspace installer since I won't lose my key binds.

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:47 am

Are you running IS from the "backup"? I couldn't possibly tell you why your folders are read only, unless it's a matter of user permissions in Windows. On Vista for example you should be using "Run as Administrator"

msboy1
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by msboy1 » Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:09 pm

I don't actually backup the exe and my shortcut points to the main directory.

"C:\Program Files\InnerSpace\InnerSpace.exe"