TheCompany
GamingTools Subscriber

Full Freeze on loadup

Post by TheCompany » Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:12 pm

okay here's my whole deal

2 HDD's

HDD1: 7200 RPM 80Gig Running Windows

HDD2: 15,000 RPM 120Gig Running VG

IS / ISXVG / VGCraftHelper are installed on HDD1, changed the path's for everthing in the XML for VGCH

90% of the 15 or so times I loaded VG through IS It freezes, stutter steps my hard disc, owns my ears with some audio screech, sometimes at char select before I touch anything, sometimes right after I drop the console, sometimes after I get in game, turn and run a few steps, sometimes after I drop the console and type ext

Fresh Installs of everything, never had the freezing issue before the now, and running VG outside of IS works brilliantly still.

1 time I loaded it, and it actually let me play normally, and run the VGCraftHelper and set paths etc

so.. discuss

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:38 am

I get the impression that you want to blame IS for this one but from your description it sounds like a piece of bad hardware. It sounds like it just happens to happen with IS, and happens to not otherwise. You can probably start by looking for driver updates for everything from video to sound to motherboard chipsets, including SATA, RAID, etc if applicable. Otherwise, standard "check for viruses and spyware" etc.

TheCompany
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by TheCompany » Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:05 pm

Yea thanks Lax, I'm thinking maybe its a bad RAM stick or mobo driver like you suggested too, I'll be playing with it

TheCompany
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by TheCompany » Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:43 am

Okay first try's a charm, teach me to post before TSing

RAM down, problem solved