Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

bountycode
Non-Subscriber

ISXHelloWorld with

Post by bountycode » Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:04 am

Just wanted to report that I got the example to work using this tutorial
http://www.lavishsoft.com/wiki/index.ph ... HelloWorld

Nice to see a .Net app running in IS.
First question is how do you refresh the IS cache that is holding the file after you run it for the first time?

When you run :
DOTNET ISXHelloWorld "ISXHelloWorld, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=ad2c3650b019fe4b, processorArchitecture=MSIL"

the program works but if you go and make a change in the program and rerun the line above it runs the older version of ISXHelloWorld.

If you exit the game and reload it and run the above line you get the new version of ISXHelloWorld. I'm just wondering if there is a DOTNET /unload ISXHelloWorld command or something like it.

I really like the idea of being able to write code in .Dot net, now.

Great job Lax!

next step will be for the specific game extension to be dot net aware.

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:46 pm

First question is how do you refresh the IS cache that is holding the file after you run it for the first time?
the program works but if you go and make a change in the program and rerun the line above it runs the older version of ISXHelloWorld.
It's not IS's cache, it's .NET's cache, and it is called the Global Assembly Cache. Yes, you need to update it in the GAC after making changes.
DOTNET ISXHelloWorld "ISXHelloWorld, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=ad2c3650b019fe4b, processorArchitecture=MSIL"
I'm just wondering if there is a DOTNET /unload ISXHelloWorld command or something like it.
Well, what that tutorial DOESNT tell you is what the command actually does, and it doesnt link to the command's documentation. I recommend viewing that for the answer to that question :) http://www.lavishsoft.com/wiki/index.ph ... Command%29
next step will be for the specific game extension to be dot net aware.
Yep, though it's not 100% necessary either. If the game-specific extension provides LavishScript objects, then .NET wrappers can be used to access those objects directly