Problem with console and window modes

Discussion of Inner Space

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

aChallenged1
GamingTools Subscriber

Problem with console and window modes

Post by aChallenged1 » Sat Jun 24, 2006 8:01 am

I was 2 boxing on my system this morning and getting things to work as I want them to when I suddenly found that I could not open my console in either instance of EQ. Not only that, but I could no longer change my windows mode; I was stuck in "normal" and could not switch to "full" or "tiny".

I was still able to use relay commands to keep my remotely controlled account to do what I wanted it to. I just could not use window modes or directly access the console in game.

I'm using ISXEQ, ISXEQMoveUtils, ISXEQMoveIt, ISXEQSpeech, ISXEQCustomBinds, ISXEQChatWnd, ISXEQMap, and ISXEQItemDisplay.

The Speech is the only non standard one and all it does is uses triggers to "speak" what comes up on the chat window for kills, tells, pet attacks, and resists. I doubt it has anything to do with it.

I was going in and out of game to look at web pages to look up info on spells I could use as I leveled.

I was able to log out without crashing, so that was good.

Any idea what caused this and how I can avoid it in the future, other than not playing. :roll:

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Sat Jun 24, 2006 10:07 am

I couldnt possibly begin to guess. Try not loading extensions to make sure it's not one of them, first of all. My assumption is that it is. Begin adding them one at a time, long enough between that it this problem would surface (if that means playing for an hour, then play for an hour). If one of them magically screws things up, then you know the answer to your question.

iluvseq
Non-Subscriber

Post by iluvseq » Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:45 am

Are you sure this wasn't due to a "stuck key" issue?

I've found that as you toggle around, sometimes InnerSpace gets the alt/ctrl keys "stuck". Tapping the keys a couple of times generally will get things working again. Also, sometimes, even though the mouse and "normal" keypresses are going to EQ, InnerSpace doesn't think it has focus, so it won't act on it's bindings. Clicking on an in-game UI element (say, your inventory window) with your mouse will often do the trick, letting InnerSpace realise it does have focus, and causing the console to work again.