mouse problems with IS

Discussion of Inner Space

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

eolewis
GamingTools Subscriber

mouse problems with IS

Post by eolewis » Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:53 am

Having problems recently with the mouse playing EQ1. It's not happening al the time, but if I switch off of IS to either my 2nd IS screen or web browser, or messenger window, when I switch back to IS, the mouse highlights the buttons but will not be able to click them...

eolewis
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by eolewis » Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:56 am

Well, no response as maybe I not say it clearly enough, but who knows...

Anyways, I'm still having problems with capturing mouse clicks/keyboard strokes from loading up the game thru actually logging on my character. It happens while running one instance of IS. If I switch off that IS window then back, the mouse does highlight the buttons, but I cannot click on them and keyboard does not respond in that window.

Also, since I started having this problem (before PoR was released) while typing in chat, half the time I hit the n key, all my inventory bags open up. I do have n set to open up my bags, but it's not supposed to while typing in messages.

Any feedback would be helpful. Thanks

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:46 am

Well, no response as maybe I not say it clearly enough, but who knows...
I was hoping another EQ1 player would chime in and say something about the issue, so I know it's not just you. But we're still at that point because ... I dont know it's not just you yet. There's people that use IS + ISXEQ and I would REALLY expect one of them to come forward if there were problems like this, so I just dont know yet.
Also, since I started having this problem (before PoR was released) while typing in chat, half the time I hit the n key, all my inventory bags open up. I do have n set to open up my bags, but it's not supposed to while typing in messages.
Inner Space cant open up all your bags when you hit n unless you created a way for that to happen, such as adding a bind instead of an EQ hotkey. I can only assume you're talking about an EQ hotkey, because Inner Space wouldnt have a clue that you're typing in chat. You would have to use ISXEQ or MQ2 for that.

I'll get the EQ1 players that use IS that I'm aware of to read this thread and see what they have to say about the mouse. Also, if you havent enabled the hybrid mouse option in the configuration for EQ1, you should do that now (all of the other input options should be enabled as well) -- it's designed for EQ1, and it might solve your problem.

Red
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by Red » Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:08 pm

Yes, my first thought when reading your issue is that you may not have Hybrid Mouse (HM) and the other input options enabled on your EQ profile. Also, when you enable them (if they weren't), be sure to hit the apply button, exit out of IS, restart it and go back into your options to make sure they are still enabled. It may have just been my IS or some user-error on my part, but I still got what you described after enabling the options until I restart IS totally.

Keep us posted. I don't troll here, just ismods and mq2boards, so the best support you can get for your issue is to get with us on IRC and resolve it with us real-time.

Lastly, if you DO get it resolved be sure to post back for others as well. But again, what you described seems like a HM issue, and I know even after the first implementation there were issues lax had to resolve that just hit the stable release sometime in feb (I beileve)

-Red

Me.Name
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by Me.Name » Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:24 pm

I had a mouse issue when switching instances. I discovered it was due to switching from an instance that I had mouselook locked on. Haven't had the problem since I'm careful about not leaving it on.

Just a quick thought.

Red
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by Red » Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:06 am

While working with ISXEQ and making changes for the patch, I ran into this issue. I had 1 session running, and when I alt+tabbed out and back in it allowed me to click on things again. But I was also trying other key combos and such with ctrl/alt/shift trying to fix it, so it may have been one of them. I DO recall hitting shift+alt+r before I alt tabbed though (EQ key to release mouse).

I'll see what happens again today.

-Red

eolewis
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by eolewis » Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:55 am

Okies, Hybrid Mouse is apparently something new as I don't remember seeing it before and is now selected.

eolewis
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by eolewis » Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:01 pm

nope, selecting hybrid mouse didn't work as it still does it...

as for opening my bags while chatting, yes, it's a key I have set in EQ itself and not IS or MQ2 (which I could never get to work for myself) and the only thing I can really think of is maybe theres some lag issue somewhere on it.

eolewis
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by eolewis » Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:06 pm

Got it.... if I alt-tab out and back in, if I hit alt again while on that screen then click my mouse twice, the window will accept the 2nd click and advance me onto the next screen. now to figure out the other problems with the N key while chating (doesn't do it all the time why I think it might be caused by lag) and while switching windows in game, I have to right-click once in awhile to get out of straife mode. (switched on Hybrid Mouse so that might fix that problem, but was one I wasn't too worried about yet)

eolewis
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by eolewis » Sat Mar 04, 2006 3:14 pm

Was still doing it to me and hitting alt did not fix the problem... tried minimizing the screen then bringing it back up and that worked for me today... looks like someone else is having the same problem that Im having also.

don'tdoit
Non-Subscriber

Post by don'tdoit » Sun Mar 05, 2006 10:22 pm

I'm seeing something similar with Battlefield 2, fyi... Mouse sometimes works, sometimes it doesn't. Actually, the clicking part works all the time, just that sometimes the mouse pointer is invisible.

This happens randomly while in the menu sections of BF2 only with IS launching it.

echoism
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by echoism » Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:20 am

I also have this problem.
I'll alt-tab out of the game, and when I tab back in, I sometimes lose the ability to click on anything with the mouse. Doesn't happen every time though, and sometimes I can get mouse control back (also with alt-tab), but usually I just restart my session.

Gumbadio
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by Gumbadio » Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:55 pm

echoism wrote:I also have this problem.
I'll alt-tab out of the game, and when I tab back in, I sometimes lose the ability to click on anything with the mouse. Doesn't happen every time though, and sometimes I can get mouse control back (also with alt-tab), but usually I just restart my session.
Same here.

PotOfCoffee2Go
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by PotOfCoffee2Go » Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:57 am

I have this problem also with EQ1. Both keyboard presses and mouse clicks do not register in the window. If a session window is active, it too does not receive keypresses.
Sounds silly, but found that if I minimize EQ1 IS window, select another window and miniumize that one, then restore the IS window (by clicking it on the task bar) - keypresses and mouse clicks work again.
The problem does not happen frequently during gameplay, but I can make it happen religiously during the EQ logon screen by activating another window - then going back to EQ window.
Hope this helps.

echoism
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by echoism » Fri Mar 17, 2006 9:54 am

Played around abit with this.
I tried the different mouse input options, but didn't seem to have any effect (things don't work well for eq1 if you disable directmouse, btw! hehe)

It seems to me, that IS is having a problem with the transfer of keyboard and mouse focus to or from any other window, even the desktop. This only seems to affect EQ1. Other games that I play with IS don't have this problem.

I opened an EQ session in a window. I could toggle the Console, click through the EULA, etc. so far, so good.

Then, I click on the desktop (or any other window, or alt-tab to another window) and then back to the IS session (either by clicking in the window, or alt-tab). Now, I'm unable to click anywhere, or type anything. The mouse still moves, but clicking does nothing. I'm not even able to bring up a console with the bind toggle.

I can regain control by one of two methods:
1. I can either minimize the game, and then click on it in the task bar (under some conditions, I hafta do this twice).
2. I must start with my window not having focus (click on desktop or another window) then click on the title bar of the IS session; the part that highlights when the window has focus, defaults to is1 (Ctrl+Alt+1). This does NOT give the IS session focus, like I would expect it to. Titlebar doesn't highligh, window doesn't move to foreground, etc. However, if I then click on the IS session window again, it will gain focus, and keyboard and mouse will once again function.