Profiles: PreInit AutoExec OnStartup

Discussion of Inner Space

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

Yite
GamingTools Subscriber

Profiles: PreInit AutoExec OnStartup

Post by Yite » Sat Aug 27, 2005 8:02 am

I have a few questions regarding the General section of profiles.

Are there any examples of what type of commands can be filled in at the PreInit and OnStartup portions of the Profile, are these the same type of one liners you would put in a script or in the console?

There are some references to .ice files (preinit.ice autoexec.ice) as well as a mentioning of a OnStartup script/execution file (are scripts and execution files the same thing?). I don't seem to have any .ice files nor any OnStartup files, should I have these or create these?

Which of the following would be the better option if I wanted to have my own keys and naming convention for sessions / hotkeys:

* modify Session Startup in the InnerSpace.xml so that it loads my script instead of the DefaultStartp
* modify Session Startup but add my own script (so have it run after Default)
* put my script in the AutoExec part of the profile

-=Yite=-

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Sat Aug 27, 2005 8:57 am

Are there any examples of what type of commands can be filled in at the PreInit and OnStartup portions of the Profile, are these the same type of one liners you would put in a script or in the console?
There's no other type of command ;)
There are some references to .ice files (preinit.ice autoexec.ice) as well as a mentioning of a OnStartup script/execution file (are scripts and execution files the same thing?). I don't seem to have any .ice files nor any OnStartup files, should I have these or create these?
preinit.ice and autoexec.ice are the old names, the new stuff is DefaultPreStartup.ice and DefaultStartup.ice. Let me know wherever you see references to the old names in documentation, and I will update it. OnStartup is just the name of a setting for games and profiles -- you can put a command there. There are no .ice files created by default; you make them yourself if you want to use them
Which of the following would be the better option if I wanted to have my own keys and naming convention for sessions / hotkeys:

* modify Session Startup in the InnerSpace.xml so that it loads my script instead of the DefaultStartp
* modify Session Startup but add my own script (so have it run after Default)
* put my script in the AutoExec part of the profile
Whichever you prefer. All of the above, plus several other methods, are perfectly valid and work just fine. If you use a script instead of DefaultStartup, you need to be aware that DefaultStartup could be updated in the future and you might miss out on that update. I guess I will recommend adding your own script after DefaultStartup, but again, it depends on your personal preference.

Yite
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by Yite » Sat Aug 27, 2005 9:12 am

Yeah I'll go for the adding them method so it won't miss updates.

Thanks
-=Yite=-