Help

Discussion of Inner Space

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

davoreno
GamingTools Subscriber

Help

Post by davoreno » Sat Aug 20, 2005 5:18 am

was running innerspace just fine all night... went to load it up again later and it patched itself, Since it patched itself whenever i hit the ` and bring up the console the console is now blank and i can't get anything to run?

Anyone else?

Darkgecko
Non-Subscriber

Post by Darkgecko » Sat Aug 20, 2005 5:28 am

Read the post directly below yours titled 'Not seeing text with Inner Space 0.991? Read this first!'

davoreno
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by davoreno » Sat Aug 20, 2005 8:50 am

Ok.... got innerspace loading... now my problem is that it doesnt work.

yes i get text but when for example i go to load the extension of isxwow

i type

"ext isxwow" like i did before and nothing happens.

Then obviously I cant get any of my old scripts to work.

I'm sure the answer is easy to the person who made the changes but it's monumental to me.

Can someone help me?

Darkgecko
Non-Subscriber

Post by Darkgecko » Sat Aug 20, 2005 9:13 am

Do you have the latest version of ISXWOW?

Voltstorm
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by Voltstorm » Sat Aug 20, 2005 7:55 pm

READ before you post!
Lax wrote:The font system change includes an added line to the file PREINIT.ISS in the Scripts directory:

Code: Select all

ui -load defaultfonts
Without it, you will NOT see any text! If you have a new installation of Inner Space, this doesnt affect you. If your installation is more than a month old, it probably will. You have 2 choices:

1. Delete the file PreInit.iss in the Scripts folder, then restart the Inner Space uplink (tray program)
2. Add the line to PreInit.iss just before "ui -load defaultskin"

Reinstalling IS will also work as long as you clean out the scripts folder.

dazedandconfused
Non-Subscriber

Post by dazedandconfused » Sat Aug 20, 2005 11:11 pm

is there any way I can get the last version of innerspace?.. this new one has broken so much stuff I'd rather run the old one and not let it patch until all this gets figured out

Voltstorm
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by Voltstorm » Sun Aug 21, 2005 12:03 am

Even if you could get a previous version the moment you load it you are going to patch.

I have talked to Lax and pointed out what I could. He is a great guy and will get it fixed as fast as he can.

Take a break ... it's gaming ... you will lose nothing by stepping back and taking a breather!

Go read a book, watch a movie or just hang out with real life friends, and baring that go play some golf or flag football. Recharge and renew before you know it - things will be golden again in the IS universe!

davoreno
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by davoreno » Sun Aug 21, 2005 9:55 am

Well... deleted innerspace and reinstalled.

Now whenever go to drop down the console nothing happens.

Any ideas?

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Sun Aug 21, 2005 10:53 am

When you "deleted innerspace" did you remove all of the folders, or just run the uninstaller? If you left the "scripts" directory, it wouldnt have helped you much to reinstall, particularly if you had old copies of PreInit.iss, AutoExec.iss, and PIP.iss that dont get automatically updated because they dont have the line at the top that says "remove this line if you make changes you want to keep".