Need some help from you veterans

Discussion of Inner Space

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

davoreno
GamingTools Subscriber

Need some help from you veterans

Post by davoreno » Mon Jul 11, 2005 8:44 am

Hi everyone,

Long time user of Macroquest2 first time user of innerspace.

I have stopped playing everquest and have switched over to World of Warcraft.

I was hoping to be able to do some of the things I used to be able to do with everquest in WoW in relation to the use of MQ2.

For example in EQ I used to be able to preety much roll my own crew around using mq2. They would follow each other stop setup camp attack mobs , heal , debuff, melee all from the control of preety much just my main toon my melee type. I can't remember the names of the macros I used to use as this was about 6 months ago I quit playing but anyone who knows mq2 understands what I'm talking about.

Is there any way to accomplish something like that in WoW. FOr example If I roll my warrior and priest around can I use innerspace to have the priest doing things like constantly checking for the warriors health and casting different heal spells based on that level? Could I have the priest cast a DoT on any mob that shows up in our little camp radius once the mobs health hit a certain percentage? Could I have the priest auto looting any dead mobs in our camp area? Preety much can I use innerspace to automate group functions like I did in EQ?

I really hope the answer is yes because I loved being able to be dependant of nobody if i so chose. It's great raiding molten core and what not but it would be nice to just roll my own few toons around without the need of someone else.

Hoping for some direction or guidance here from anyone.

Thank you

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Mon Jul 11, 2005 8:53 am

Yep. People have been working on exactly that for months :) Visit ismods.com, register on the forums with the same email address you use here (your username can be anything, as long as the email address matches), validate it by clicking the email link, and then check out the ISXWoW extension and the WoW scripting forum

davoreno
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by davoreno » Mon Jul 11, 2005 9:44 am

Very very cool stuff. I see the scripts. I have teh isxwow20050708c zip sitting on my desktop... but now I am drawing a blank.

I was looking around for a thread somewhere that could help me understand what to do next but i couldnt find one.

I would think that I need to complie the isxwow to get it to run the scripts but I am a little lost.

When I started using mq2 it was all superconfusing but i got it after reading some helpfull sticky's on how to get going like this one:

http://www.macroquest2.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5371

Can you point me in the direction of a helpful sthread or maybe if your feeling real helpful walk me thru a quick step by step on how to get even the simplest of scripts running thru innerspace? Once I figure out how to just get one script going I am sure I can figure out the rest of it.

Sorry man I'm just not that big of a computer guy I just like to use programs like yours to help make my gaming more enjoyable.

Any and all help you could offer would be awesome.

Thank you

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Mon Jul 11, 2005 9:50 am

ISXWoW is distributed already compiled, so all you do is extract it into the Inner Space extensions folder.

Open My Computer and navigate to where Inner Space is installed (usually c:\Program Files\InnerSpace), and go into the Extensions folder. Then open the ISXWoW20050708c.zip you have, and copy the DLL file into the extension folder. There might be some other stuff with it, but read posts in the WoW section on ismods for more info about that

Then you just load the extension in Inner Space by flipping down the console with `, and typing "ext isxwow" (the command is Extension)

If you need more help with ISXWoW in particular, rather than generic IS questions like this one, post on the ISMods boards (in the WoW section) and someone should be able to help you

davoreno
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by davoreno » Mon Jul 11, 2005 11:19 am

http://ismods.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=350

Just trying to figure out what exactly to type to get the script i downloaded to fire up.

I got the isxwow basic features going. Was that the right forum to post that question to? Didn't really see a help forum there.

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Mon Jul 11, 2005 1:34 pm

Yes, you did fine. Have fun :)

eqjoe
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by eqjoe » Sat Aug 13, 2005 2:39 pm

I edited the autoexec.iss to autoload ISXWOW and ExtTypes because I only use IS for WoW. The scripts (macros) are a bit sparse on the ismods forums, but that is changing fast as some of the guys are starting to share thier uber scripts. Fippy's WoWBot is awsome if for no other reason as it shows how to use ISUI to bring up in game menus, check boxes and buttons as well as create travel and patrol paths. Most bots that I have seen todate are solo-grind bots. The fun I am having is setting up IS for two boxing or even automated group play.

-j