InnerSpace commands and Lua addons

Discussion of Inner Space

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

wwmaniac
GamingTools Subscriber

InnerSpace commands and Lua addons

Post by wwmaniac » Thu May 19, 2005 3:03 pm

Hi Lax,

Is it possible to use InnerSpace commands in a Lua addon in WoW? for example, I'd like to call "/Wait 10s" in my Lua addon. What would be the syntax if this is possible? Do I need to have ISXWoW installed?

Thanks,

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Thu May 19, 2005 5:43 pm

Without a game-specific addon, there is no way to interface with the game's internal scripting engine. So yes, ISXWoW would be required for you to do this, and I have seen an example of using IS stuff in a WoW addon (posted by Fippy on ismods). Also, /wait 10s is MQ2 syntax and not correct for LavishScript :)

Regardless, the command would not do what you're looking to have it do, and putting a 10 second wait in your WoW addon would be very undesirable anyway -- it would cause the game itself to sit there for 10 seconds doing nothing. My suggestion is to use some sort of timer functionality, which can also be achieved by storing a time, and doing something after that time is reached.

wwmaniac
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by wwmaniac » Fri May 20, 2005 2:36 pm

Thanks Lax for clarification! What about calling a WOW addon from an IS script? What would be the syntax for this?

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Fri May 20, 2005 3:26 pm

You'll again have to refer to ISXWoW and the information you're looking for should be on ISMods. The site is separate from lavishsoft.com because I don't develop nor provide support for such plugins (I really cant, since I didnt create it -- that would be like asking Microsoft for help figuring out EverQuest). Please ask on the ISMods forums if you cannot figure it out from the information available there already