A question about boarder .

Discussion of Inner Space

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

toptek
Non-Subscriber

A question about boarder .

Post by toptek » Wed May 18, 2005 7:04 am

In WoW i have my next and previous set how i want them and FPS loads up great now.

a few others things I need to no how to do with just IS .

How do i trun off the border's ? when i have WoW in
WoW windowed mode i can't use my bottom bar the border's are in the way. but when i put WoW in full screen it will minize all my screeen's to the taskbar and the only way i can switch sessions then is use the mouse. and can't eevn get the session's to sty up in WoW full screen .

And I see now were IS's gammna won't be a problem like it was in WinEQ with WoW being in Windowed mode. So i really don't have problem using WoW windowed mode and hope i don't ask on the gamma thing in IS I found a link here on how to set it.

SO i guess what i m asking is how do i turn off the border's but still use it
in WoW windowed mode if that's how it works best ? other wise if thats not what am i doing worng ?

Hope i explaned it right .

Later

toptek
Non-Subscriber

Never mind

Post by toptek » Wed May 18, 2005 9:17 am

figured out what i was doing wrong now am using it in WoW mode with the - and = set as next previous sessions. no borcer and working better then wineq ever did.

later

toptek
Non-Subscriber

hmm

Post by toptek » Wed May 18, 2005 9:33 am

anyway i can run in out of wow windowed mode no lag in full screen of wow .

i then have the problem of not be able to box unless wow is in windowed mode. and if im in wow windowed mode my fps drops down 20 point's lag gets real bad .but if i put it back in wow full screen fps goess back up to about 40. but then in full screen i cant switch screen's if i do they both minize and i can't get them back up unless i use the mouse.

don't no how to explan it, any other way with out showing anyone .

and if i have to use it in wow windowed mode how do i fix the lag issue. i have eveythnig turned off in wow windowed mode.

and the PC/s have more then eough memroy , the video cards are gforce 5700 with 256 mb memroy all my pc have the same card.

later

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Wed May 18, 2005 12:31 pm

I'm using a GeForce 5700 256MB as well. My FPS in windowed mode at the full screen size is about 24, to the full screen's 35.

This is probably due to the color correction that must take place in order for the game to display its world in your desktop's color mode. When the game is in full screen, it actually takes control of your video card and sets the actual display settings to its own. That is much faster than modifying the colors on the fly to match the desktop.

For example, if I go into the WoW video options, my color setting is 24-bit color, 24-bit depth, 2x multisample. My desktop is 32-bit color. DirectX has to make sure the 24-bit color is correctly displayed on my 32-bit color desktop. WoW only supports up to 24-bit color, not 32-bit. Both Windows and WoW will, however, support 16-bit color. What you can try is to switch your windows desktop AND the game to 16-bit color. That should give you speed in a window equal to your full screen, or at least very very close.

toptek
Non-Subscriber

thnaks

Post by toptek » Wed May 18, 2005 12:45 pm

one more question . got the FPS to in forced IS mode windowed mode and wowi n full close to 40 agian so thats good to me .

One more question if thats ok.

ON gamma does it let me do custom setting yet before i try then come back here and make suptid posts on it. gonig to try anyway, to see if it works like it does in EQ . if not ill just have to wait or adjust the video cards gamma or set a profile to it for the game with the card's profile setting .

WoW .http://www.lavishsoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1538

later

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Wed May 18, 2005 12:48 pm

Not quite yet, what it will let you do is fix the gamma if it gets screwed up. Customizing the gamma setting will be available soon